Prevalon Pressure-Relieving Heel Protector
The most advanced protection against heel pressure ulcers and foot drop
- Off-leads the heel to deliver total, continuous heel relief
- Minimizes pressure, friction and shear on feet, heels, and ankles
- Unique design helps reduce risk of plantar flexion
Prevalon helps minimize pressure, friction and shear on the feet, heels and ankles of your non-ambulatory patients. By off-loading the heel, it delivers total, continuous heel pressure relief. Its unique design also helps reduce the risk of plantar flexion (foot drop). Prevalon helps your facility address the important issue of CMS no longer paying for pressure ulcers not present on admission.1
Prevalon is also an easy and low-cost way to help you meet IHI's Five Million Lives Campaign's recommendation to prevent pressure ulcers.2
Prevalon is now even easier to use and more durable. Our adjustable stretch panels provide a secure, comfortable fit! and now they're tethered to the boot to make it easier to re-apply.
Prevalon's outer surface is constructed with strong, ripstop nylon, the same material used in parachutes and outdoor gear. This smooth outer covering repels liquids and makes Prevalon easy to wipe clean.
Cleaning instructions: Prevalon can be wiped clean with a damp cloth during use
- Pull boot up around foot
- Wrap stretch panels around boot
- Adjust straps
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) compression device compatible. Make sure tubing is not kinked or compressed against your patient's skin
- Make sure heel is elevated