Note: Abbott recently updated the packaging, names, and some of the ingredients of their Similac brand of formula. We are working to make the changes on our site as quickly as possible. Please see the Similac web site (Similac.com) if you have any further questions about the updates.
Directions for Preparation and Use
Your baby's health depends on carefully following these easy directions. Ask your baby's doctor if you need to boil (sterilize) the empty bottles before adding formula.
- Shake bottle very well before opening.
- Pour formula into bottle or cup. After feeding, throw away any formula in bottle or cup.
Storage: Recap container and prepared bottles immediately. Store in refrigerator and use within 72 hours. Store unopened containers at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures. Do not reuse container.
Shake Very Well Before Each Use
- Use as directed by a doctor
- Use by date on bottle
- Do not add water
Do Not Use If "Similac" Band Around Cap or Inner Foil Seal is Missing Or Broken.
- Shake bottle very well
- Remove protective band; twist off and clean cap
- Invert cap and place on foil seal
- Press down to pierce foil, then turn cap a half turn
- Lift and throw away foil
- Pour formula
Prebiotics can help soften stools to be more like the breast-fed infant.
Breast milk is recommended. If you choose to use infant formula, the makers of Similac® have a formula that's right for your baby.