Note: Abbott recently updated the packaging, names, and some of the ingredients of their Similac brand of formula. We are working to make the changes on our site as quickly as possible. Please see the Similac web site (Similac.com) if you have any further questions about the updates.
Your baby's health depends on carefully following these easy directions. Proper hygiene, handling, and storage are important when preparing infant formula. Failure to follow these directions could result in severe harm. Powdered infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants who might have immune problems unless directed and supervised by your baby's doctor. Consult your baby's doctor about the formula appropriate for your baby; the need to use cooled, boiled water for mixing; and the need to boil utensils, bottles and nipples in water before use.
- Wash your hands, surfaces and utensils
- Pour desired amount of water into clean bottle (see chart on container)
- Add Powder; return dry scoop to can
- Cap bottle; shake well; attach nipple
- Once feeding begins, use within 1 hour or discard.
To Make Approximately:
- 2 fl oz bottle add 2 fl oz water & 1 unpacked level scoop
- 4 fl oz bottle add 4 fl oz water & 2 unpacked level scoop
- 6 fl oz bottle add 6 fl oz water & 3 unpacked level scoop
- 8 fl oz bottle add 8 fl oz water & 4 unpacked level scoop
To make a larger amount of formula using a standard measuring cup, add 1 unpacked, level cup (Not the enclosed scoop) of Powder to 23 fl oz of water. Yields approximately 26 fl oz of formula. To maintain freshness, pour prepared formula into individual feeding bottles, cap and store in refrigerator. Prepared formula should not be left unrefrigerated.
Storage: Immediately store prepared individual feeding bottles in refrigerator at 35° - 40° F (2-4° C) and use within 24 hours. Store unopened cans at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures. Cover opened can and store in a cool, dry area (not in refrigerator). Use opened can contents within 1 month. Use by Date on Bottom of Can.