smartCRUTCH Forearm Crutch - 1 Pair / Adult Blue5.0 1.0
Size/Count 1.0 pair
- Unique design
- Transfers weight load to the forearm
- Height ranges from 5' - 6'3"more
- Maximizes comfort through even weight load distribution of hands, wrists and forearms
- 15 degrees to 90 degrees forearm platform settings to meet personal comfort and mobility requirements
- Ergonomically designed grips provide natural wrist angle and even load across palm
- Locking spline allows for secure rotational angle settings
- 3-point forearm length settings for additional customization
- 9-position push-pin height adjustment (Adult Size Range 5' - 6'3")
- Hourglass-shaped foot design maximizes surface contact
- Transfer of weight to forearm results in less fatigue and potential injury
- Less pressure on hands reduces pain, discomfort or blistering
- Mitigates the potential of pinched or damaged nerves
- Improves posture and gait resulting in less pain or fatigue
- Allows freedom of hands while still providing support
- Easier to navigate while ascending or descending stairs
- Multiple colors and graphics options to suit personal style
- Height Range 5' - 6'3"
- Maximum weight load 260 lbs.
- Adjustment Increments (Height) 1.18"
- Forearm Adjustment Range 10.6" - 14.2"
- Maximum Height Adjustment 47.3"
- Maximum Weight 260 lbs
- Minimum Height Adjustment 31.5"
- Packaging Size 32" x 9" x 6"
- Weight of a Single Crutch 1.76 lbs
- Materials Molded PVC/Aluminum/ Rubber Composite
smartCRUTCH is a revolutionary mobility device designed to prevent the pain, discomfort and injury commonly associated with conventional underarm or forearm crutches. The unique design gives individuals with short term injuries, long term disabilities or people suffering from chronic hand, wrist or joint disease, a new option in mobility.
Unlike conventional crutches that direct an individual's entire weight load on the hands and wrists, smartCRUTCH is engineered to transfer weight load to the forearm. The forearm platform can be adjusted from 15 degrees to 90 degrees giving users the ability to minimize the compressive forces on the hands and wrists. The smartCRUTCH design spreads the load over a larger surface area resulting in less pain, discomfort and reduction of potential injuries.
1 PAIR (Left / Right Side included)
One Year Limited Warranty
1. Remove crutches from packaging
2. Loosen the Wing Nut sufficiently so that the Elbow Rest Support can rotate freely around the elbow rest pivot.
3. Set the elbow rest support to approximately 15 degrees. Tight the Wing Nut adequately and ensure the interlocking teeth are complete engaged and locked. This will provide an adequate starting position for use with the smartCRUTCH. Adjustment of this angle can be made regularly to relieve pressure to the arms and hands associated with crutch use. (Please note the crutch is more stable in certain positions)
4. Place your forearm in the elbow rest support and grip the hand grip.
5. Adjust the Arm Length Adjuster so that when your elbow is resting in the Elbow Cut-put, your hands fit comfortably on the Hand Grip. Re-insert the bolt and tighten the Wing Nut properly.
6. Stand up straight and hold the crutches as if you were using them.
7. The foot of the crutch should be on the ground and your elbows should be gently resting in the Elbow Rest Support.
8. Adjust the Height Adjustment by sliding the lower crutch leg down and selecting the correct height position with the Push-pin Height Selector.
9. Should the crutch cause any pain to the hands or forearms as a result of pressure, simply alter the angle to a position which is comfortable for you.
10. Please seek the advice of your doctor or healthcare professional prior to using any type of mobility device.
11. For more information please call 1-800-690-2372
© 2010 Smart Crutch, Inc.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 7.0 Product in inches (LxWxH): 33.0x 11.0x 7.0
Item Code: 170026
Please seek the advice of your doctor or healthcare professional before using any mobility device.