- A bold, rich and caramelly taste
- Makes the perfect shot of espresso
- Roasted dark with special beans
NOTE: Actual product packaging may differ from image shown.
Starbucks is currently going through a packaging redesign. Coffees are now categorized by roast – each with its own color mark (yellow for Blonde roast, orange for Medium roast and purple for Dark roast). Now you can easily find the roast you like and the blend you like within that roast.
Tasting notes: Rich & Caramelly
Flavor Intensity: Bold
Espresso Roast. What goes into pulling the perfect shot of espresso? A rich, high-grown bean for starters. And a blend that opens up to a longer roast with dark, heads-spinning sweetness, like the sugary crown of a creme brulee. Yes we are talking about coffee. And we're crazy about our Espresso Roast. On its own and in a latte, the intense coffee flavor comes through every time. We'd never pull a shot without it.
Enjoy with: A croissant and a brisk walk to work.
Our Dark Roasts. We roast coffees darker to achieve specific flavors-from subtle notes of caramelized sugar to a bold smoky taste. It takes special beans to go this dark. Anything other than dense, high-grown arabica beans will turn to ash and leave an unpleasant finish. But when a good bean meets a skilled roaster, ah, that's something to be reckoned with.
The Starbucks Roast
Each coffee requires slightly different amounts of time and temperature during the roasting process to create a cup at its peak of aroma, acidity, body and flavor. We classify our coffees in three roast profiles so you can easily find your desired flavor and intensity.
Blonde | Medium | Dark
100% Responsibly Grown. Ethically Traded.
That means the coffee in this bag is helping to create a better future for farmers and a more stable climate for the planet. Because we've always believed in a better cup of coffee.
Find out additional ways we are working with farmers to ethically source our coffee at Starbucks.com/sharedplanet
-Batch Roasted Since 1971-
Only 3% of the coffee grown around the world is good enough to make it into a bag of Starbucks® coffee.
Freshly roasted and packed 100% Arabica Coffee
Roasted and packed by Starbucks Coffee Company
Coffee Bean Care
Easy pull-apart bag-
- To open: pull apart at top seal
- To close: roll bag down close with tin tie
- To ensure the freshest, most flavorful taste, store in an opaque, airtight container in a cool, dry place
- Once this bag is opened, we suggest using it within seven days
- Grind beans just before brewing
- Start with fresh, filtered water
- Use 2 tbsp (10g) ground coffee to 6 fl oz. (180ml) water
- To adjust strength, simply add more hot water after brewing
- For a drip coffeemaker, use a medium grind
- For espresso, a fine grind
- For a coffee press, a coarse grind
This FlavorLock package guarantees your coffee has flavor as full and fresh as the day it was roasted.
©2003 Starbucks Coffee Company