Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- A sodium-restricted diet
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- Symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occur with a fever
- Cough gets worse or lasts for more than 7 days
- Cough tends to come back or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever, or other upper respiratory allergies: