SUR-FIT Natura Drainable Pouch for High Output with 1-sided comfort panel with filter
2007 E.R. Squibb & Sons, L.L.C. Reprinted with permission
SUR-FIT Natura Drainable Pouch for High Output w/1-sided comfort panel
The two-piece system provides versatility and can be removed without removal of the skin barrier/wafer. Used for the management of high stomal output due to short bowel syndrome or other causes. SUR-FIT Natura drainable pouches are composed of a lightweight plastic material that is odor-proof and quiet under clothing.
Begin by cleansing the peristomal skin with mild soap and water (soaps should be free of oils and creams). Pat dry thoroughly. The skin should be free of any solvent or greasy substances.Wafer Preparation:
- Measure the stoma size with the measuring guide provided. Select a wafer with a flange (white ring) that is at least 1/2" (13mm) larger than the widest diameter of the stoma. If this size is not available, go to the next larger flange size.
- Trace the exact stoma size onto the center white release paper in the back of the wafer. The small starter hole should be in the center of your tracing. Cut along the tracing with curved, short-blade scissors. For wafers with pre-cut stoma openings: Select a wafer with a pre-cut stoma opening the same size as the largest diameter of the stoma. Do not enlarge the pre-cut stoma opening. Remove white release paper from the skin barrier. Leave the outer release paper on the tape collar in place.
Application of SUR-FIT Natura Wafer
- A paste, such as Stomahesive Paste, can be applied to the back of the skin barrier to further fill gaps between the wafer and the stoma. Allow the paste to set for one minute prior to application to the skin. (Do not spread the paste.)
- Place the wafer gently in position over the stoma. Press the wafer against the skin, paying particular attention to the area closest to the stoma. During application, maintain gentle pressure on the wafer for 30 seconds to improve adhesion.
- SUR-FIT Natura Flexible wafers: After the center disc is in place, remove one side of the release paper on the tape collar and smooth onto the skin. Repeat with the other side, making sure the tape is smooth and wrinkle free.
SUR-FIT Natura Durahesive wafers:
Important: The Durahesive wafer will swell around the stoma, resulting in a "turtlenecking" effect. This is a normal function of the wafer and will not harm the stoma or prevent flow of urine or stool, even if the stoma is completely covered.Attachment of SUR-FIT Natura Pouch
- Make sure that the inner surfaces of the pouch are separated and that the pouch contains a small amount of air. Position the pouch flange over the wafer flange. Gently press two fingers around the entire flange area starting at the bottom or 6 o'clock position and moving up on both sides of the flange to the top or 12 o'clock position. You will hear or feel a series of audible clicks as the system locks securely into place. Important: Always recheck the coupling to ensure that the system is completely closed by repeating the above steps.
- Use SUR-FIT Natura drainable pouches if you have a colostomy/ileostomy. For attachment of the tail clip, fold the bottom of the pouch over the tail clip only once. Press firmly on the center of the clip until it snaps securely closed. Filter covers are waterproof and should be used when bathing or swimming to prevent the filter from becoming wet. Remove after use.
- Use SUR-FIT Natura urostomy pouches if you have a urostomy. Make sure the tap on the pouch is closed before attaching pouch to wafer.
To easily disconnect the wafer from the pouch, firmly pull downward on the pouch tab and lift the pouch off. SUR-FIT Natura closed-end pouches: Remove and discard as needed. Filter covers are waterproof and should be used when bathing or swimming to prevent the filter from becoming wet. Remove after use.Wafer Removal:
Gently pull the wafer down, away from the skin, while supporting the adjacent skin with your other hand.
Note: For flush or retracted stomas, convex products are recommended to increase wearing time. Please refer to your healthcare professional or ConvaTec's Customer Interaction Center at 1-800-422-8811. SUR-FIT Natura may be worn as long as it remains comfortable and secure. Remember to empty your pouch when it is one-third full. The use of soap or cleansers in the pouch is not recommended. If desired, rinse only with tepid water.
For more information or if you have questions, call 1-800-422-8811 Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET, Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET, and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET
© 2007 E.R. Squibb & Sons, L.L.C.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.6 Product in inches (LxWxH): 8.7x 6.2x 3.8
Item Code: 550566