2007 E.R. Squibb & Sons, L.L.C. Reprinted with permission.
3/4 inch stoma, flange size 1 3/4 inch
SUR-FIT Natura® Stomahesive® Flexible Skin Barrier Pre-Cut w/flange and tape collar. SUR-FIT Natura® Flexible Skin Barrier with rounded edges for a more comfortable fit, low profile flange and split-release paper backing for easy application.
The pre-cut opening eliminates the need for cutting the skin barrier/wafer and accommodates those people with limited manual dexterity. Available in two flange sizes and 11 pre-cut openings to accommodate most stoma sizes. Product Highlights:
- Stomahesive® skin protection in a flexible format for durability and comfort.
- Audible clicking of flange confirms secure connection.
- Special flange design protects against unintended disconnection.
- Pre-cut opening for convenience and ease of use.
Begin by cleansing the peristomal skin with mild soap and water (soaps should be free of oils and creams). Pat dry thoroughly. The skin should be free of any solvent or greasy substances. Wafer Preparation:
- Measure the stoma size with the measuring guide provided. Select a wafer with a flange (white ring) that is at least 1/2 inch (13mm) larger than the widest diameter of the stoma. If this size is not available, go to the next larger flange size.
- Trace the exact stoma size onto the center white release paper in the back of the wafer. The small starter hole should be in the center of your tracing. Cut along the tracing with curved, short-blade scissors.For wafers with pre-cut stoma openings: Select a wafer with a pre-cut stoma opening the same size as the largest diameter of the stoma. Do not enlarge the pre-cut stoma opening. Remove white release paper from the skin barrier. Leave the outer release paper on the tape collar in place.
- A paste, such as Stomahesive® Paste, can be applied to the back of the skin barrier to further fill gaps between the wafer and the stoma. Allow the paste to set for one minute prior to application to the skin. (Do not spread the paste.)
Application of SUR-FIT Natura® Wafer
- Place the wafer gently in position over the stoma. Press the wafer against the skin, paying particular attention to the area closest to the stoma. During application, maintain gentle pressure on the wafer for 30 seconds to improve adhesion.
- SUR-FIT Natura® Flexible wafers: After the center disc is in place, remove one side of the release paper on the tape collar and smooth onto the skin. Repeat with the other side, making sure the tape is smooth and wrinkle free.SUR-FIT Natura® Durahesive® wafers: Important: The Durahesive wafer will swell around the stoma, resulting in a "turtlenecking" effect. This is a normal function of the wafer and will not harm the stoma or prevent flow of urine or stool, even if the stoma is completely covered.
Gently pull the wafer down, away from the skin, while supporting the adjacent skin with your other hand.
Note: For flush or retracted stomas, convex products are recommended to increase wearing time. Please refer to your healthcare professional or ConvaTec's Customer Interaction Center at 1-800-422-8811. SUR-FIT Natura® may be worn as long as it remains comfortable and secure.
Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET, Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET, and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET For more information or if you have questions, call 1-800-422-8811
© 2007 E.R. Squibb & Sons, L.L.C.