Specifically designed to speed blood flow by providing graduated compression up the leg. Compression is tightest at the ankle and gradually diminishes up the calf.
Pressure pattern stays in place for continued benefit
Defined heel pocket for easy sock orientation
Designed to maintain circulation
Only stocking clinically proven to reduce risk of DVT
For the recuperating patient or to help reduce the danger of thromboembolism
Made in USA
- Insert hand into stockings as far as the heel pocket. Grasp center of heel pocket and turn stocking inside out
- Carefully position stocking over foot and heel. Center heel in the heel pocket
- Pull stocking up and around ankle and calf, working up to the final position. The stitch change (change in fabric sheerness) should fall 1 to 2 inches below the ben of the knee, and top band rests on line at bottom of buttocks. Smooth out any excess material
Stocking precautions: Proper sizing and application must be assured.
- Measure upper thigh circumference at the gluteal furrow. For thigh length, do not apply if over 25 inches
- Measure calf circumference at the greatest portion
- Measure distance from bottom of heel to gluteal furrow. (If possible, measure length in standing position)
To preserve life of stockings, launder every three days. Keep the stockings free from substances such as ointments, oils and lanolin which deteriorate elastic. Wash in water temperatures not to exceed 160° F (71° C). Avoid excess bleach. Dry in temperatures not to exceed 250° F (121° C) for no longer than 20 minutes. Remove from dryer promptly.
Prolonged heat can reduce the stocking's wear life..
© 2012 Tyco HealthCare Group LP