The brand hospitals use most.
Specifically designed to speed blood flow by providing graduated compression up the leg. Compression is tightest at the ankle and gradually diminishes up the calf.
- Pressure pattern stays in place for continued benefit
- Defined heel pocket for easy sock orientation
- Designed to maintain circulation
- Only stocking clinically proven to reduce risk of DVT
- For the recuperating patient or to help reduce the danger of thromboembolism
Made in USA
- Insert hand into stockings as far as the heel pocket. Grasp center of heel pocket and turn stocking inside out.
- Carefully position stocking over foot and heel. Center heel in the heel pocket.
- Pull stocking up and around ankle and calf, working up to the final position. Top of stocking should be 1 to 2 inches below bottom of knee cap. Smooth out any excess material.
Stocking precautions: Proper sizing and application must be assured. Measure calf circumference at the greatest portion.
Measure distance from bend of knee to bottom of heel. (If possible, measure length in standing position).
To preserve life of stockings, launder every three days. Keep the stockings free from substances such as ointments, oils and lanolin which deteriorate elastic. Wash in water temperatures not to exceed 160° F (71° C). Avoid excess bleach. Dry in temperatures not to exceed 250° F (121° C) for no longer than 20 minutes. Remove from dryer promptly.
Prolonged heat can reduce the stocking's wear life..
© 2010 Tyco HealthCare Group LP