The First Years American Red Cross, Digital Pacifier Thermometer
Size/Count 1.0 ea
- Accurate reading in 90 seconds
- Soft, silicone nipple for comfort
- Easy to read digital display
- Orthodontic pacifier
- Accurate reading in 90 seconds
- Protective cover
- Infant and Child CPR Training teaches parents, expectant parents, nannies, babysitters, and family members to prevent, recognize and provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in infants and children age 12 and under. Includes hands-on practice.
- The Safe Baby Presentation is a one-hour, abbreviated version of the Infant CPR course. Can be offered in a home, hospital, school, or church - anyplace new or expectant parents might gather.
- Remember: Fever itself is not an illness. It is a sign of the body's effort to fight an infection - a healthy response of the immune system. The majority of fevers will not need antibiotics or other treatment.
- In children. a high fever can occur suddenly, and even a low fever can sometimes be dangerous. It's a good idea to take a reading when you child is well so you know what your child's regular temperature is. Ask you health care provider what thermometer reading you should consider "high" for this particular child, and what steps are to be taken.
- Observe your child carefully. The way she acts is often more important than her actual temperature. Watch for listlessness, irritability, and lack of appetite.
- When talking to your child's doctor, be sure to mention:
- how temperature was taken (PACIFIER);
- what thermometer reading actually was;
- any additional symptoms.
- Clean thermometer before and after each use.
- If thermometer has been in a cold environment, allow it to warm to room temperate (about 15 minutes) before use.
- Avoid storing at temperatures above 140°F
Beeps & Flashes when Temperature is above 99.5° F
The American Red Cross and The First Years have joined together to offer a collection of infant and toddler wellness and safety products that you can trust. The First Years will pay 2-3% of the purchase price of these products to the American Red Cross to support its lifesaving work in communities across America.
As fast as 90 seconds*
Soft, silicone nipple
for travel and storage
Easy to read digital display with automatic shut-off.
displays last temperature
Fever alert beeps and flashes at 99.5°F or above.
New Parent Resources:
Visit redcross.org or contact your local American Red Cross chapter for more information about Safe Baby Presentations, first aid and CPR courses, and products to keep your family safe.
*Speed and temperature will vary depending on how long the pacifier thermometer remains in the baby's mouth and where it's placed in the mouth.
Conforms to Pacifier Safety Requirements 16CFR Part 1511. Manufactured to conform to the requirements of ASTM Standard E1112.
Let your child explore the Pacifier Thermometer before turning it on to take the temperature. This will help reduce curiosity and maximize the length of time your baby keeps it in the mouth.
To Take Temperature:
- Remove thermometer from protective cover.
- Press the ON/OFF button once. You will hear one quick beep. Thermometer will display a pretest reading for about two seconds, then show "--.--F" with the "F" flashing to indicate that it is ready to measure temperature.
- Position pacifier bulb in child's mouth and allow the child to suck on it for a minimum of 90 seconds (allowing the thermometer to stay in the child's mouth for 2 to 4 minutes will provide the most accurate reading). Reading is complete when thermometer gives another single quick beep and display stops flashing. You may read display before or after removing thermometer (see "Digital Display" below).
- Press and release the ON/OFF button to turn the thermometer off. (If you forget, it will turn off automatically in about 10 minutes.)
For memory recall: Press the ON/OFF button and hold it in until the last recorded temperature appears - about 3 seconds. (The "M" under the ° symbol indicates "memory.")
- --- -° indicates a reading below 90.0°F
- H°F indicates a reading above 109.9°F
- 188.8° is a normal pre-test display
- ERR indicates thermometer is malfunctioning and should be replaced.
- Range: 90.0° to 109.9°
- Accuracy is plus or minus .2°F between 96.0° and 106.0° F.
- Wipe surface with a damp cloth or sponge using mild liquid soap. Wipe with clear water.
- Wipe dry or air dry. Do not immerse in water.
- To sterilize silicone nipple ONLY: Immerse ONLY the nipple approximately 1" in alcohol solution. You may place alcohol solution on protective storage cover for easy sterilizing. DO NOT sterilize by immersing in boiling water. Damage will occur to the electronic components.
©TOMY International, Inc.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.47 Product in inches (LxWxH): 7.7x 3.6x 2.2
Item Code: 233582
- For best results, please read all instructions carefully before using.
- This product is designed to measure human body temperature. Do not use it for any other purpose.
- This product is not a toy. Do not allow children to play with it. Adult supervision is required in the use of this product.
- Inspect regularly for tears or cracks. if nipple tears, discontinue use immediately.
- This product contains button cell battery which is not replaceable. Please dispose of this product in accordance with your local landfill regulations.
Battery Facts: Non-replaceable battery included to ensure your child's safety. Do not attempt to remove the battery. Be certain to follow the guideline below when handling batteries in general:
- Swallowing a battery [if it is dislodged] could be FATAL.
- Keep batteries away from children. Parents are urged to exercise care in the storage, use, and disposal of all batteries.
- DO NOT dispose of any battery in a fire; it may explode.