Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- To make a child sleep
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using NyQuil Cough if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers. When using these products, do not use more than directed. In addition, when using NyQuil Cough:
- Breathing problems
- Chronic bronchitis
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- Trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- A sodium-restricted diet
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Alcohol, sedatives, & tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away..
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known in the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/.