Vivonex Plus Elemental Powder - Single Serve Packets Unflavored Powder4.5 2.0
- Each packet contains 2.8oz
- Vivonex Plus: This high-protein , low-fat beverage is a nutritionally complete, elemental diet.
- High in glutamine an important nutrient for the health of your digestive system it also helps improve protein retention.
- 100% free amino acids for better tolerance and easy absorption.
- Contains arginine, a building block of protein important for healing.
- Low in fat (6% fat) which makes it easy to digest.
- Mix with Vivonex Flavor Packets for variety and great taste.
- Vivonex Plus is a medical food-please consult with your health care professional on the use of this product.
- Vivonex Plus is commonly recommended to people with: Major intestinal surgery, Cancer treatment, Poor digestion, Surgery, After surgery, Clear liquid diet, Crohn's disease, Pancreatic and intestinal disorders.
- Lactose free.
- Gluten free.
- Low residue.
- For oral or tube feeding - an effective alternative to T.P.N.
- Nutrition Information:
- Vivonex Plus is a high-nitrogen, elemental (100% free amino acids) diet for total enteral nutrition.
- The Vivonex elemental diet is an effective alternative for total parenteral nutrition (TPN), except in patients where enteral feeding may be contraindicated (i.e., less than 60 cm of functioning small intestine).
- In standard dilution, Vivonex Plus provides 1 calorie per ml or 300 calories per packet, distributed as 13.5 g (18%) of protein (as amino acids), 57.0 g (76%) of carbohydrate, and 2.0 g (6%) of fat.
- Not for parent eral use.
- 1. Add 1 packet of diet to 250 ml of warm water in a 1 pint container.
- 2. Cover and shake to 20 seconds.
- 3. For oral feeding add 1 Vivonex Flavor Packet. Any remaining undissolved particles will dissolve after standing 5-10 minutes.
- Administer at room temperature by continuous drip.
- Optimal patient tolerance and higher total input can be achieved by tube feeding continuously.
- Mix with Vivonex Flavor Packets and serve chilled over ice.
- When mixing, the Vivonex diet may be left at room temperature for up to 8 hours or refrigerated for up to 48 hours.
- Store unopened powder at room temperature.
For Nutrition Information please see package for details.
Mixing Instructions: To prepare 300 ml of full strength (1 cal/ml) diet (1 packet):
© 2008 Nestle Nutrition
This product cannot be shipped to the following state(s):
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 6.3 Product in inches (LxWxH): 3.7x 7.09x 5.1
Item Code: 610812
For use only under medical supervision. Not intended for children under 10 years of age unless specified by a physician.
Maltodextrin , L-Glutamine , Modified Cornstarch , L-Leucine , L-Arginine Acetate , Soybean Oil , L-Lysine Acetate , Magnesium Gluconate , L-Isoleucine , L-Valine , Calcium Glycerophosphate , L-Phenylalanine , L-Threonine , Potassium Citrate , L-Cysteine Hydrochloride Monohydrate , Citric Acid , L Methionine , L-Tyrosine , L-Histidine Monohydrochloride Monohydrate , L-Aspartic Acid , L-Proline , Sodium Citrate , Sodium Phosphate Dibasic , L-Tryptophan