Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- To make a child sleepy
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Thyroid disease
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not use more than directed
- May cause marked drowsiness
- Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Avoid alcoholic beverages
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- You get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- Symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- Cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known in the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/.