Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- To make a child sleepy
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitits
- Persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not use more than directed
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
- May cause marked drowsiness
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
Temporarily relieves: Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation, runny nose and sneezing.