Walgreens Nicotine Gum, 4mg Original1.5 65.0
Please Note: Product received may temporarily differ from image shown due to packaging update.
Not For Sale to Those Under 18 Years of Age
Proof of Age Required
Not for Sale in Vending Machines or From Any Source Where Proof of Age Cannot Be Verified
Stop Smoking Aid
- Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP, 4 mg (Nicotine)
- For Those Who Smoke Their First Cigarette Within 30 Minutes of Waking Up
- Reduces Withdrawal Symptoms
- Sugar Free
- Walgreens Pharmacist Recommended*
If you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes of waking up, use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP, 2 mg.
To Increase Your Success in Quitting:
- You must be motivated to quit.
- Use Enough: Chew at least 9 pieces per day during the first six weeks.
- Use Long Enough: Use for the full 12 weeks.
- Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed User's Guide.
Free audio CD upon request. See inside of package.
Questions or comment? 1-877-440-7867
*Walgreens Pharmacist Survey Study, November 2012.
100% Satisfaction guaranteed with all Walgreens products or your money back.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
- Before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information
- Begin using the gum on your quit day
- If you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use 2 mg nicotine gum
- If you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use 4 mg nicotine gum according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Weeks 1 to 6: 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours
- Weeks 7 to 9: 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours
- Weeks 10 to 12: 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours
- Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results
- To remove the gum, tear off single unit. Peel off backing starting at corner with loose edge. Push gum through foil.
- Chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- Repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes)
- Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece
- To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks
- If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects
- Do not use more than 24 pieces a day
- It is important to complete treatment. Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor
- Each piece contains: calcium 110 mg, sodium 11 mg
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Protect from light
© 2014 Walgreen Co.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.58 Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.9x 4.75x 5.4
Item Code: 605045
This product is protected in sealed blisters. Do not use if individual blisters or printed backings are broken, open or torn.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- A sodium-restricted diet
- Heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
- High blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.
- Stomach ulcers or diabetes
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
- Taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Mouth, teeth, or jaw problems occur
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness, and rapid heartbeat
- You have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as difficulty breathing or rash)
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Nicotine Polacrilex 4 mgStop Smoking Aid
Acesulfame Potassium , Butylated Hydroxytoluene , Carnauba Wax , D&C Yellow #10 Lake , FD&C Blue #2 Lake , FD&C Red #40 , FD&C Yellow #6 Lake , Flavors , Gum Base , Sodium Bicarbonate , Sodium Carbonate , Sorbitol , Talc
|Serving Size : 1 Chewing Piece
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily value*|