Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- More than 6 doses (12 tablespoons or 180 mL) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if you are taking
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Thyroid disease
- High blood pressure
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
When using this product
- The blood thinning drug warfarin
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not exceed recommended dosage (see overdose warning)
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children.
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- Redness or swelling is present
- Pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- New symptoms occur
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known in the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/.