Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 6 doses (12 tablespoons or 180 mL) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- To make a child sleepy
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- With any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- With any other product containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- Thyroid disease
- High blood pressure
- Cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking:
- The blood thinning drug warfarin
- Sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- Do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Redness or swelling is present
- Nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- New symptoms occur
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Cough comes back or occurs with a fever, rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Temporarily relieves: Sneezing, headache, runny nose, itchy, watery eyes, itchy nose or throat, minor aches and pains, minor sore throat pain, nasal and sinus congestion, or cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation. Temporarily reduces fever.