Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if:
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- Adult takes more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- Child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours
- Taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- Adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Ask a doctor before use if the user has
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- With any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the user is
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- A cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
- A persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
When using this product
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adults)
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms..
Temporarily relieves these symptoms of the common cold: Runny nose, sneezing, headache, minor aches and pains, nasal congestion, cough, sore throat. Temporarily reduces fever.