A specially formulated wash for urushiol-induced contact dermatitis. Urushiol is the toxin known to cause the itching and rash associated with poison ivy, oak, sumac, poisonwood and related plants. The most important step in eliminating the rash is to remove urushiol from the skin. The wash works by surrounding urushiol and bonding with it, enabling it to be rinsed away with water. The wash offers relief at any stage of the reaction and often with only one wash. Most individuals experience relief from the itching within 30 seconds of application. The rash will begin to subside within hours if the reaction is mild to moderate.
- This tube contains enough product to wash approximately 15 patches the size of an adult hand or face
- Safe for use by children and pregnant or nursing women
- Safe for the face and genitals
- No known side effects
The following directions are for an area the size of an adult hand or face. For best results, use in a shower or sink where it is easy to thoroughly rinse off the product.
- Wet the affected area
- Squeeze 1 and 1/2 inches (no less, see ruler on package) onto one palm. Product will not work if less than 1 and 1/2 inches is used
- Wet and rub both hands together for 10 seconds, working the product into a paste. (This will activate the ingredients. Do not bypass or modify this step)
- Rub both hands (up to 3 minutes, if needed) on the affected area working wash into the skin until there is no sign of itching (15 seconds is typical for mild to moderate reactions)
- Rinse area thoroughly. If the itch returns (which could be several hours later), rewash, following steps 1 through 5 and read the Q&A insert found in the package
© 1999-2012 Zanfel Laboratories, Inc.