If I have a prescription on file at another pharmacy, can I refill it at Walgreens?
Transferring a prescription from another pharmacy to Walgreens is easy. In fact, Walgreens
handles most of the work.
Here's how it works:
- Simply call, stop by your local Walgreens pharmacy or request the transfer online.
- Provide the name of the medication along with the name and phone number of the transferring
- Walgreens will contact the pharmacy where your prescription is currently on file to get the
information needed to fill your prescription. If the prescription has no remaining refills, we
will contact the prescribing physician.
- When ordering a transfer online, select ADD TO ORDER to take you through the online
checkout process, where you may choose to have the prescription filled at your local Walgreens
store or have your order shipped to you.
- The information you submit online will be sent to the Walgreens pharmacy you selected. You
will receive an email when your prescription is ready for pickup or has shipped.
Back to Ask a Pharmacist