OverviewQ: What is Steps with Balance Rewards?
A: Steps is one of the many
benefits of Balance Rewards that gives you points for walking, running, and weight management.
You can earn 20 points for each mile you log and 20 points when you log your weight at Walgreens.com/balance-steps (subject to daily and monthly
limits). You can also log your goals and track your progress, as well as earn badges and
connect with the Balance Rewards community to keep motivated. Steps members can also sync
fitness devices from FitBit, Withings, and BodyMedia to log activity
A: Steps with Balance Rewards
is replacing Walk with Walgreens. Most of the same features are available, and it's now easier
to earn Balance Rewards points for logging healthy activities. You now earn twice as many
points (up to 20 from 10) for miles you walk or run. There are also more ways to earn points,
including logging your weight, setting goals, or linking a device to your
A: You must have a
Walgreens.com account and a Balance Rewards membership to use Steps with Balance
Eligibility and JoiningQ. How do I start using Steps with Balance Rewards?
A: Visit Walgreens.com/balance-steps and click the Register
Now button at the top right side of the page. You must be a Balance Rewards member to join.
If you already have a Walgreens.com account, enter your username and password and click Sign
NOTE: If you have an existing Walk with Walgreens account, you can move your information to Steps with Balance Rewards.
A: Yes, earning points for
healthy behavior is a benefit for Balance Rewards members. You must already have or create a
new Balance Rewards membership.
A: Yes. If you don't already
have a Walgreens.com account, you can create one while signing up for Steps with Balance
A: If you've already attached your Balance Rewards membership to your Walgreens.com account and want to start earning points using Steps:
1. Visit Walgreens.com/balance-steps and click the Register
Now button at the top right side of the page.
2. Enter your username and password and click Sign In.
3. Choose a screen name to display in the Steps with Balance Rewards community.
4. Select the checkbox at the bottom to receive Steps with Balance Rewards email notifications. These notifications include alerts like friend requests in the Steps community, badge notifications, replies and articles in the Steps forum, etc. Uncheck it if you would prefer not to receive notifications. You can always change this in your Steps with Balance Rewards Settings later.
5. Click Submit. You'll see a confirmation overlay with information on the new Steps membership you've created.
A: Follow Forgot your Username or
Password? for assistance on finding your username and resetting your password.
Moving Your Walk with Walgreens AccountQ: How do I move my Walk with Walgreens information to Steps with Balance Rewards?
A: If you have an existing Walk with Walgreens account, follow these steps to move your information.
1. Visit Walgreens.com/balance-steps and click the Upgrade to
Steps link under the blue Get Started button.
2. Enter and confirm your Walk with Walgreens account's email address, your date of birth, and ZIP code and click Submit.
3. Enter your username and password for your Walgreens.com account and click Sign In. (If you have not already joined Balance Rewards, you can Register instead of signing in.)
4. The system will match your Walk with Walgreens information with your new Balance Rewards membership.
5. Enter the screen name you want to use for Steps with Balance Rewards. If your Walk with Walgreens screen name is available and fits the Steps with Balance Rewards parameters (up to 25 alphanumeric characters, no spaces/dots/dashes or other special characters) it will be pre-populated for you. Click Submit.
If the system is unable to
match your information, you'll see an error message at the top of the page. Double check your
information to make sure it's correct. If you believe you've received the message in error,
call Walgreens.com customer service at 877-250-5823. Or, you can choose to start using Steps
with Balance Rewards without moving your Walk with Walgreens information.
A: Walk with Walgreens has been
discontinued. All of your Walk with Walgreens benefits will now be under your Balance Rewards
membership. You will no longer be able to access your healthy activity log on
walk.walgreens.com and all your Walk with Walgreens information will be lost if you do not move
it to Steps with Balance Rewards. Additionally, you will no longer be able to participate in
any of the communities or forums you belong to as part of Walk with Walgreens.
A: If you're unable to move
your information now, you can always start using Steps with Balance Rewards later, but your
existing Walk with Walgreens data will not be moved. You must move your information during the
sign-up process. If you're having trouble, call Walgreens.com customer service at
A: It only takes a few minutes
to move your information over. You'll fill out a simple form and after we match your
information, you will be able to access the new website.
A: Your screen name may need to
be changed if it does not fit the new Steps with Balance Rewards parameters. However, if your
Walk with Walgreens screen name fits the parameters and is available, you are welcome to use
A: By completing the Move
Info process, your Walk with Walgreens activities/walks, group memberships, friends,
messages, and photos will all be moved to Steps with Balance Rewards.
Videos, wall posts, and any photos linked to third party sites (like Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa) will NOT be moved.