Health Insurance: Get Insured
It's time for everyone to enroll or reenroll in health insurance through the Affordable Care Act. During open enrollment, you can select health insurance that fits your needs and allows you to fill prescriptions at Walgreens. Open enrollment runs from November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015. You can still enroll past the deadline if you have a qualifying life event or in certain complex situations.
- November 15, 2014 Open enrollment begins
- December 15, 2014 Enroll by this date for coverage to begin January 1, 2015
- January 15, 2015 Enroll by this date for coverage to begin February 1, 2015
- February 15, 2015 Enroll by this date for coverage to begin March 1, 2015
- After February 15, 2015 If you haven't enrolled in an insurance plan by this date, you may still be able to enroll if you meet certain qualifying life events or complex circumstances.
We Can Connect You with Answers
Get FREE, personalized help with enrollment from our partner GoHealth. They can help answer questions and give you one-on-one assistance to help you pick the right insurance plan for you. GoHealth is approved by the U.S. government to help you find and enroll in health insurance.
GoHealth is a FREE resource to help you get the best coverage.
- Apply online or by phone.
- Compare plans, benefits and costs side-by-side and find out if you are eligible for a premium tax subsidy.
- Speak with a licensed advisor for help along the way.
Some Basics: What's Covered by Health Insurance?
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, all health plans must provide coverage for all of the following categories of care1:
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital)
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care (care before and after your baby is born)
- Mental health and substance use disorder services (this includes counseling and psychotherapy)
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services (services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills)
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services
What If I'm Not Insured Today?
You need to enroll in coverage, or you may be subject to a tax penalty. See the above chart for key enrollment deadlines. If you're enrolled today, you still need to reenroll to keep your plan.
More Frequently Asked Questions
GoHealth is the nation's most complete online portal for finding health insurance coverage. They've helped millions of consumers compare health insurance quotes and purchase individual coverage online.
Talk to a licensed insurance advisor.855-487-6959