Sports & Annual School Physicals
What Are Sports and School Physicals?
Regular physicals are a chance for healthcare providers to discuss important health issues with children and their parents or guardians. These exams can make sure that the child is healthy and physically prepared to participate in activities.
Specific requirements vary, but during a sports or school physical our board-certified nurse practitioner or physician assistant will:
- Review your child's medical history
- Conduct a physical examination
- Offer information on signs of concussion
- Provide a summary of the visit to the child's primary care provider
- Complete forms needed for sports or school participation (forms to be provided by parent/guardian)
Who Should Get a Physical?
Sports, school and camp physicals are available at Healthcare Clinic at select Walgreens for patients who are 21 and younger. Many states require these exams once a year or before participating in any physical activity at a school, camp or community organization. Minors must be accompanied by an adult chaperone or guardian and have parental/guardian permission.
What Should You Bring?
Bring any required forms for healthcare providers to complete. If your child wears glasses or contacts, bring those along to the exam as well.
What Payment Methods Are Available?
Most sports, school or camp physicals are not covered by insurance. Payment by cash or credit card is required at the time of service. We do not accept personal checks. If you want, you can also pay online with the credit card of your choice.
Walk in or schedule an appointment at the Healthcare Clinic nearest you ›
Healthcare Clinic also offers administrative physicals.
If you believe you have a medical emergency, please call 911.
* Sports and school physicals not typically covered by insurance. Certain exceptions, including age restrictions, may apply. Patient care services provided by Take Care Health Services, an independently owned professional corporation whose licensed healthcare professionals are not employed by or agents of Walgreen Co. or its subsidiaries, including Take Care Health Systems, LLC.