Medicare Wellness Visits
What are Medicare Wellness Visits?
The Welcome to Medicare Preventive Visit and the Medicare Yearly Wellness Visit (together referred to as Medicare Wellness Visits) are Medicare wellness benefits that help you and your Healthcare Clinic board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner (or in select markets Physician Assistant) develop a personalized plan to prevent disease, improve your health and help you stay well. During the visit, your provider will:
- Record and review your medical and family history, current health conditions, and prescriptions
- Check your blood pressure, vision, hearing, height and weight
- Provide you with a checklist to make sure you are up-to-date with preventive screenings and services that you need, such as cancer screenings and adult vaccines
- Offer recommendations and education on conditions and lifestyle issues impacting your health
It's easy to schedule your Medicare Wellness Visit
1: Call 855-WALGREENS (855-925-4733) to confirm eligibility
2: The Patient Support Center representative will schedule your appointment. Be sure to have your insurance card(s) with you at the time of your call.
3: Print and complete a health history form and bring it with you to your scheduled appointment. An incomplete or missing form may result in a delayed visit.
Medicare Wellness Visits at Healthcare Clinic are an easy way to do something good for yourself.
- Quick access to appointments, in some cases same-day, by phone
- $0 out of pocket cost for eligible Medicare beneficiaries*
- We will even send a summary of your visit directly to your doctor
- Pick-up your prescriptions and other everyday products from the store — all in one stop
Who are Medicare Wellness Visits recommended for?
All current Medicare beneficiaries are entitled to one Medicare Wellness Visit every 12 months at $0 out of pocket cost. There are no copayments or deductibles for these visits. The Welcome to Medicare Preventive Visit is available to all Medicare beneficiaries during their first 12 months of enrollment. The Medicare Yearly Wellness Visit is available to all Medicare beneficiaries once a year after their first 12 months of enrollment.
Print and complete your health history form ›
If you believe you have a medical emergency, please call 911.
*Medicare Wellness Visits are for patients covered under Part B or certain Medicare Advantage plans with a $0 copayment. Patient must be a current Medicare beneficiary and not have had this service in the past 12 months in order to be eligible for the $0 out-of-pocket cost. Call 855-WALGREENS (855-925-4733)) to verify your eligibility. If your Medicare coverage is through a private health plan (Medicare Advantage), contact your health plan to confirm that this service is covered at no cost in a retail clinic setting.
* Sports and school physicals not typically covered by insurance. Certain exceptions, including age restrictions, may apply. Patient care services provided by Take Care Health Services, an independently owned professional corporation whose licensed healthcare professionals are not employed by or agents of Walgreen Co. or its subsidiaries, including Take Care Health Systems, LLC.