Prevention. It's the best medicine.
Did you know, 58% of Americans admit they're not sure which vaccines they need? In addition, about 1 in 5 Americans think vaccinations aren't recommended for adults (except for the flu vaccine).1
Many adults do not get recommended vaccines, including the flu shot, for a number of reasons including a lack of information, misinformation, and missed regular doctor visits. Particularly disturbing is the fact that more than half of adults less than 65 years of age with serious health conditions frequently miss their flu shot.
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommends all persons older than 6 months without contraindications receive annual vaccinations for seasonal influenza protection. Walgreens can offer your employees and health plan members a convenient and cost-effective means of obtaining protection from the flu and other vaccine-preventable diseases.
Results. Measurable and meaningful.
There's proof in preventive care. Studies have shown that the Influenza immunizations:
- Decrease lost workdays by up to 45%2
- Save potentially $90,000 per year for every 1,000 people receiving flu shots3
- Reduce upper respiratory infection-related visits to healthcare providers by up to 44%3
Solutions. Where you need them.
Walgreens healthcare professionals are specially trained to administer all vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes flu, routine, and travel immunizations.*
- Easy access—Our pharmacists can administer flu shots at your work site (at no additional cost) or in our retail pharmacies or Healthcare Clinic
- Evening and weekend hours
- Stocking/storing/ordering of immunizations when and where needed
- We offer multiple CDC-recommended vaccines with or without an appointment (subject to availability, age and state requirements)
- Hepatitis A and B
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Japanese encephalitis
- Measles, mumps, rubella
- Polio (inactivated)
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough)
- Typhoid fever (inactivated and live)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Yellow fever
Customized & Personalized:
- Payment processing under medical benefit, pharmacy benefit (PBM) or direct-to-employer arrangements
- Employer-specific vouchers your employees can redeem for immunizations
- Immunization recommendations on the Walgreens mobile App, or at walgreens.com, provide personalized immunization recommendations for the employee's whole family based on patient history and the latest age-recommended CDC guidelines
To learn more about our Employer Immunization program, please complete and submit the contact form and we'll contact you within 48 hours. You can also visit walgreens.com for additional information about Walgreens immunization solutions.
* Vaccines subject to availability. State-, age- and health-related restrictions may apply. Immunizing professional must be on duty.
1 National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. Call to action: adult vaccination saves lives. http://www.adultvaccination.org/resources/cta-adult.pdf. Published March 2012. Accessed October 25, 2014.
2 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention and control of influenza. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2007. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007;56(RR-6):1-54.
3 Nichol KL, Lind A, Margolis KL, et al. The effectiveness of vaccination against influenza in healthy, working adults. N Engl J Med. 1995;333(14):889-893.