The nation's leading home infusion therapy provider, Walgreens Infusion Services has been providing infusion care for decades. When your doctor prescribes home infusion therapy, we can become an integral part of your healthcare team.
Walgreens offers a wide range of infusion therapies to treat patients of all ages for a variety of conditions. In addition, we have comprehensive therapy management programs for:
- Bleeding disorders
- Heart failure, immunoglobulin (IG) therapy
- Home nutrition support (parenteral nutrition, enteral nutrition)
What is infusion therapy?
Infusion therapy means that medicine, nutrients or special fluids are delivered through a needle directly into the body. Infusion therapy can be done through a blood vessel, under the skin or into a muscle or the spinal cord. Infusion therapy is prescribed by your physician.
We cover all aspects of your infusion care
Your own team of experts
- You'll get a dedicated Walgreens clinical team from the moment your doctor prescribes home infusion therapy to make your transition from hospital to home easy and trouble-free
- Your Walgreens infusion team makes sure you receive your therapy and required supplies exactly as your doctor orders
- Our staff of more than 1,400 clinicians includes specially trained infusion nurses, dietitians and infusion pharmacists
24/7 safety & support, just a call away
- Our clinicians are available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Our special guidelines will help ensure your infusion therapy proceeds safely and smoothly
- We provide educational material to help you understand your condition and therapy
Convenient access and insurance assistance
- Your therapy is customized to meet your personal schedule
- We offer convenient locations - care in the comfort of your home or at one of our infusion centers
- We have locations across the country, so you get the same treatment no matter where you go
- We're contracted with the majority of insurance plans, and our insurance experts will work with you to help resolve problems
*Walgreens Infusion Services patient survey conducted by Ipsos Loyalty, a marketing research firm that specializes in customer satisfaction and loyalty measurement. Owned and managed by researchers. Ipsos has a strong international reputation and is the third largest marketing research firm in the world.