What is infusion therapy?
Infusion therapy means that medicine, nutrients or special fluids are delivered through a needle directly into the body. Infusion therapy can be done through a blood vessel, under the skin or into a muscle or the spinal cord. Infusion therapy is prescribed by your physician.
Walgreens has been the leading provider of home infusion therapies for decades. When your doctor prescribes home infusion therapy, Walgreens Infusion Services can become an integral part of your healthcare team. We offer a wide range of infusion therapies to treat patients of all ages for a broad variety of conditions. In addition, we have comprehensive therapy management programs for antibiotics, bleeding disorders, heart failure, immunoglobulin (IG) therapy, and home nutrition support (parenteral nutrition, enteral nutrition).
Walgreens is a Medicare contract provider of enteral nutrition supplies and services.
We support all aspects of your infusion care
Your own team of experts
- Your care is managed by a dedicated Walgreens clinical team from the moment your doctor prescribes home infusion therapy
- Your Walgreens infusion team makes sure you receive your therapy and required supplies exactly as your doctor orders
- Our staff of more than 1400 clinicians includes specially trained infusion nurses, dietitians and infusion pharmacists
24/7 Safety and support—just a call away
- Our clinicians are available to answer your questions 24 hours, 7 days a week
- We help make your transition from hospital to home easy and trouble free
- Our special guidelines help ensure your infusion therapy proceeds safely and smoothly
- We provide educational material to help you understand your condition and therapy
Convenient access & insurance assistance
- Your therapy is customized to meet your personal schedule
- We offer convenient locations – care in the comfort of your home or at one of our infusion centers
- We have locations across the country, so you get the same treatment no matter where you go
- We are contracted with the majority of insurance plans
- Our insurance experts work with you to help resolve problems