- Capsule-shaped tablets
The multi-pain relieving power of Advil, plus a gentle, non-habit forming sleep aid. When pain keeps you awake, Advil PM's unique Liqui-Gel form helps you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer, for hours of restful sleep.* It is the leader among OTC nighttime pain relievers.
The pain reliever in Advil is ibuprofen, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that when taken as directed is a safe and effective pain reliever and fever reducer.
*Compared to placebo or no treatment.
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-88-ADVIL.
- Do not take more than directed
- Adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets at bedtime
- Do not take more than 2 caplets in 24 hours
- Read all warnings and directions before use. Keep carton
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Avoid excess heat above 40°C (104°F)
Allergy Alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include: hives, facial swelling, asthma (wheezing), shock, skin reddening, rash, blisters. If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away. Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you: are age 60 or older, have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems, take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug, take other drugs containing an ASAID (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen or others), have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product, take more or for a longer time than directed.
Do not use if you
- have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- unless you have the time for a full night's sleep
- in children under 12 years of age
- right before or after heart surgery
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- if you have sleeplessness without pain.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers.
- stomach problems that last or come back, such as heartburn, upset stomach or stomach pain
- ulcers, bleeding problems, high blood pressure, heart or kidney disease
- taken a diuretic
- reached age 60 or older
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers, or any other sleep-aid
- taking any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- under a doctor's care for any continuing medical illness
- taking any other antihistamines
- taking a a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- taking aspirin to prevent heart attack or stroke, because ibuprofen may decrease this benefit of aspirin
- taking any other drug.
When using this product
- drowsiness will occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- long term continuous use may increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you feel faint, vomit blood, or have bloody or black stool. These are signs of stomach bleeding.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of a serious underlying medical illness.
- stomach pain or upset gets worse or lasts
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use ibuprofen during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
For the relief of occasional sleeplessness when associated with minor aches and pain. Helps you fall asleep and stay asleep.
|Serving Size||1 Caplet|
|Serving Per Container|
|Amount per Serving||%DV|
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.1
Product in inches (LxWxH): 1.85x 3.1x 1.75
Item Code: 593723
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.