#1 Doctor Recommended
- for ages 2-11 years
- Enema saline laxative
- Soft Flexible Comfortip®
- Works in minutes
Complete enema in a disposable squeeze bottle with soft, pre-lubricated Comfortip®
- Protective shield prevents contamination
- Pre-lubricated Comfortip® for ease of insertion
- One-way safety valve controls flow and prevents reflux
- Easy squeeze bottle
Fleet® Enemas are Latex Free. Allergic reactions to materials containing Latex is a growing and serious medical problem.
Single Daily Dosage:
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.
Children 5 to 11 years of age: One bottle or as directed by a doctor.
Children 2- 5 years of age: One-Half bottle.
- One-half bottle preparation: Unscrew cap and remove 2 tablespoons of liquid with a measuring spoon. Replace cap and follow directions on back of carton.
Children under 2 years: Do Not Use
Positions for using this enema:
- Left side position: Place child on left side with knees bent, and arms resting comfortably.
- Knee-chest position: Have child kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.
How to use this enema:
- Remove orange protective shield from enema comfort tip before inserting.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if child receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove Comfortip® from rectum and keep child in position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes).
- Each 59-mL delivered dose contains: sodium 2.2g
- This product generally produces a bowel movement in 1-5 minutes
©C.B.Fleet Co., Inc. 1999
For rectal use only.
Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
Ask a doctor before using this product if the child is:
- Is on a sodium restricted diet,
- Has a kidney disease.
- nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain.
- a sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks.
- already used a laxative for more than 1 week.
- rectal bleeding.
- no bowel movement after the enema is given. These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Professional Use Warnings:
Do not use in patients with congestive heart failure, clinically significant impairment of renal function, ascities, known or suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, megacolon (congenital or acquired) or imperforate anus. Use with caution in patients with impaired renal function, pre-existing electrolyte disturbances or in patients on diuretics or other medications which may affect electrolyte levels or other medications which may affect electrolyte levels or where colostomy exists. Since Fleet ® Enema contains sodium phosphates, there is a risk of elevated serum levels of sodium and phosphate and decreased levels of calcium and potassium, and consequently hypocalcaemia, hyperphosphatemia, hypernatremia, hypokalemia and acidosis may occur. This is of particular concern in children with megacolon or any other condition where there is retention of enema solution. Additional liquids by mouth are recommended. Carton sealed for safety. If seal with Fleet emblem on top or bottom flap is broken or missing, do not use.
For relief of occasional constipation or bowel cleansing before rectal examinations.
|Serving Size||59 mL|
|Serving Per Container|
|Amount per Serving||%DV|
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.22
Product in inches (LxWxH): 1.55x 1.55x 6.35
Item Code: 539370