For Ages 12+
Daytime Severe Congestion & Cough
- Helps Control Cough
- Helps Relieve Nasal & Chest Congestion
- Helps Thin & Loosen Mucus
Nighttime Cold & Flu
- Helps Relieve Aches, Fever & Sore Throat
- Helps Control Cough
- Helps Relieve Nasal Congestion
- Helps Relieve Runny Nose & Sneezing
2 - 6 fl oz (180 ml) Bottles ~ Total 12 fl oz (360 ml)
Made in India & England
*Maximum strength per 4 hour dose.
Do not take more than directed (see overdose warning). Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period. Measure only with dosing cup provided with product. Dose as follows or as directed by a doctor. mL = milliliter
- Adults and children 12 years and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours
- Children under 12 years of age: Do not use
- Each 20 mL contains: Sodium 14 mg (day time only) and Sodium 12 mg (night time only)
- Do not refrigerate
- Store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Dosing cup provided
Liver warning (Night Time only): This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- With other drugs that contain acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Sore throat warning (Night Time only): If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist (Night Time only)
- With any other drug containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin (Night Time only)
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- For children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Liver disease (Night Time only)
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- Glaucoma (Night Time only)
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis (Night Time only)
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin (Night Time only)
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers (Night Time only)
When using this product do not use more than directed.
In addition, for Night Time only:
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- Symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fever (Day Time only)
- Pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days (Night Time only)
- Fever gets worse, or lasts more than 3 days (Night Time only)
- Redness or swelling is present (Night Time only)
- New symptoms occur (Night Time only)
- Cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Overdose warning (Night Time only): Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Do not take the Mucinex Fast-Max Day Time Severe Congestion & Cold and the Mucinex Fast-Max Night Time Cold & Flu liquids at the same time. Do not take more than a total of 6 doses in a 24-hour period. Take only as directed.
Temporarily relieves (Day Time Only)
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- The intensity of coughing
- The impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- Nasal congestion due to a cold
Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to ride the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive (Day Time Only).
Temporarily relieves these common cold and flue symptoms (Night Time Only)
- Nasal congestion
- Minor aches & pains
- Sore throat
- Runny nose & Sneezing
Temporarily reduces fever (Night Time Only).
Controls cough to help you get to sleep.
|Mucinex Fast-Max Day Severe Cold|
|Serving Size||20 mL, 20 mL|
|Serving Per Container|
|Amount per Serving||%DV|
Not eligible for Ship to Store at this time See Ship to Store FAQs
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 1.1
Product in inches (LxWxH): 1.5x 5.05x 5.8
Item Code: 355131