Please Note: Product received may temporarily differ from image shown due to packaging update.
For Those Who Smoke 25 Or More Cigarettes a Day
Chew Activated Release™
Starter Kit - Includes:
- Stop smoking plan with User's Guide
- Nicorette® - Nicotine Polacrilex Gum - Stop Smoking Aid - 4mg, Original Flavor
- New Now on CD, Tips To Help Make Quitting Easier
American Cancer Society®
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare L.P. makes an annual grant to the American Cancer Society for cancer research and education for the use of their seal.
To Increase Your Success in Quitting:
- You must be motivated to quit.
- Use Enough - Chew at least 9 pieces of Nicorette per day during the first six weeks.
- Use Long Enough - Use Nicorette for the full 12 weeks.
- Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed User's Guide.
If you smoke less than 25 cigarettes a day: try Nicorette 2mg.
Do not use if you: Continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use.
Before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information.
- Stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum.
- If you smoke less than 25 cigarettes a day: use 2mg nicotine gum.
- If you smoke 25 or more cigarettes a day; use according to the following 12 week schedule:
Use according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Week 1 to 6: 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours
- Week 7 to 9: 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours
- Week 10 to 12: 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours
Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results. Chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again until the tingle returns. Repeat this process until the most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes). To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks. If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- Do not use more than 24 pieces a day.
- Stop using Nicorette at the end of week 12. If you still feel the need for Nicorette, talk with your doctor.
To remove the gum, tear off single unit.
Peel off backing starting at corner with loose edge.
Push gum through foil.
Store at 20 - 25° C (68 - 77° F). Protect from light.©2002 GlaxoSmithKline
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medication on advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Do not use if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can raise your heart rate.
- high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.
- stomach ulcer or diabetes.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
- taking prescription medication for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- mouth, teeth or jaw problems occur
- irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Blister packaged for your protection. Do not use if individual seals are open or torn.Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
|Serving Size||1 Chewing Piece|
|Serving Per Container|
|Amount per Serving||%DV|
Not eligible for Ship to Store at this time See Ship to Store FAQs
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.43
Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.15x 4.35x 5.4
Item Code: 689462
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.