Please read before using this product.
Serious injury or death can result if bed rails are not properly installed. Entrapment has resulted in injuries and death. There is a possibility that an individual can become wedged between a bed rail and any other object. The possibility of an individuals head, body, arms, or legs could be trapped between the bars of a bed rail, between the bed rail and a head or footboard of a bed, or between the bed rail and a mattress. While there are no specific guidelines for bed rails, Stander Inc. is committed to providing safe products and informing the user of ways to prevent accidents.SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
DISCLAIMER: Neither Stander, Inc. nor the manufacture is liable for any harm or injury that may result or has resulted from the improper use or assembly of the product.
- Regularly check the bed rail to identify areas of possible entrapment.
- Position the bed rails away from head or footboards of a bed.
- Make sure that there is no gap between the bed rail and the side of the mattress. A gap could allow the user to become wedged between the bed rail and the mattress.
- Additional safety measures should be taken for users that are a high risk. Such users include those who are not mentally conscious (including those individuals under medication), users who have size or weight conditions that may change the gap between the bed rail and the mattress, and users who are generally restless while awake or asleep.
- If you have any concerns or questions regarding these precautions, please contact Standers at 1-800-506-9901.
- If you are suffering from an ailment or injury or are taking medications that affect your balance or ability to stand or sit down, you should first consult with a physician before using this product. If the product is not used properly, serious injury or harm could result.
- The product was not intended to carry the full weight of an individual. This product is only intended to provide balance and support while sitting and standing.
- The product instructions must be carefully followed to ensure that the product is properly assembled and positioned. Failure to follow the instructions could result in serious injury to the user(s) of the product.
- Children should not be allowed to hang on or play with the product.
- It is important that the weight of the mattress is adequate to support the bed rail product. The bed rail is not well suited for and should not be used with light-weight foam or other light-weight mattresses.