Enjoy more opportunities to earn points faster.
It's easy to earn points for the things you already buy — including prescriptions and photos. You'll have access to Members Only Perks and paperless coupons. You can even get rewarded for the healthy choiceshealthy choices you make every day, like walking, managing your weight, tracking blood pressure and more.
Get more of what you love at Walgreens.
Turn points into dollars off future purchases. Or, save up your points to reach a $50 reward!
- $1 1,000
- $2 2,000
- $3 3,000
- $5 5,000
- $10 10,000
- $20 18,000
- $35 30,000
- $50 40,000
Learn more about Balance Rewards.
Free to join1
There's no cost for a Balance Rewards membership, and the program is available for Walgreens and Duane Reade customers.
Easy to use
Choose many ways to use Balance Rewards:
How to join
You must be 13 years of age (14 years of age in Puerto Rico) or older; your date of birth is required to validate your eligibility.
Simple sign in
Your Balance Rewards sign in information is the same username and password as your Walgreens.com account.
Shop & earn
With Everyday Points, you'll get 10 points per $1 on almost everything — every day.4 Plus, get bonus points on featured products each week, and use paperless coupons5 on select items.
Prescriptions earn you points6
Now get 100 points per 30-day prescription including those covered by Medicare and Medicaid for eligible prescriptions picked up in store. You'll also earn 300 points per 90-day prescription, plus 100 points per immunization.Start now ›
Due to state and federal laws, points can't be earned (or redeemed) on some items, including alcohol, tobacco and dairy items. Everyday Points are not earned on pharmacy transactions.6
Sale prices at Walgreens and Duane Reade are exclusive to Balance Rewards members.
To earn points with Balance Rewards, simply provide your phone number or mobile card within the App.
If you want a physical card, visit your local Walgreens or Duane Reade and ask a sales associate to link a card to your membership.
Earn points for the healthy choices you make every day. Get 20 points per mile when you walk, run or cycle. Plus, get 20 points per weigh-in, blood pressure test, blood glucose test, and earn points while you quit smoking/tobacco with Balance Rewards for healthy choices™.7
Get more of what you want at Walgreens and Duane Reade by turning points into dollars off future purchases.
Easy to redeem
In store: Use the pin pad at checkout or tell the sales associate you'd like to redeem your points.
Online: At checkout, use the dropdown menu to select your rewards redemption value.
Earn and redeem
Remember, when redeeming points on a purchase, you will not earn on the portion of the transaction that was paid for using redemption dollars or store credit.
Redeem points for a reward. See full terms and conditions.
Points can be redeemed at Walgreens or Duane Reade at the levels shown in the points chart. The maximum amount of points that can be redeemed in a single purchase is 40,000 points for a $50 reward. Points cannot be shared with other shoppers.
Don't let points expire
Your points expire 1 year after they are earned or if an account has been inactive for 6 months.
Your account is inactive if you haven't used your card (physical card, mobile card via App or phone number) in store or online.
Plenty of points. In plenty of places.
Find points in store or online.
|Everyday purchases4||10 points per $1|
|Featured products||points vary|
|Prescriptions (30-day)6||100 points each|
|Prescriptions (90-day)6||300 points each|
|Immunizations6||100 points each|
|Members Only Perks||points vary|
|AARP exclusive offers8||points vary|
Get points for healthy activities7
|Log sleep||20 points / daily log|
|Link a device or app||250 points/device or app|
|Walk, run or cycle||20 points/mile|
|Frequent activities||20 points/daily log|
|Weight tracking||20 points/daily log|
|Blood pressure test||20 points/daily log|
|Blood glucose test||20 points/daily log|
|Quit smoking & tobacco||20 points/daily log|
AARP members get even more with Balance Rewards.
Doing so will ensure you receive your exclusive Balance Rewards benefits7 for AARP members. You can do this online, in store or by calling 855-225-0400 to speak with a customer service representative.
Once your memberships are linked, you only need to show your Balance Rewards card, AARP membership card, or give us your phone number to receive your exclusive benefits. You must have an active AARP membership to receive these benefits.
Need more information?
A: No, you cannot transfer points between memberships, but you may merge your memberships by calling a customer service representative at 855-225-0400.
A: After logging into your membership at Walgreens.com/Balance, click on the missing points link. You can also access this on your mobile phone via the Walgreens mobile App or by calling 855-225-0400 to speak with a customer service representative.
A: Yes, you may use Balance Rewards points along with other Walgreens or Duane Reade manufacturer discounts or promotions. For the complete coupon policy, click here.
A: To see your current point balance, sign in at Walgreens.com/Balance or on the Walgreens mobile App, look on your last Walgreens receipt or call 855-225-0400.
A: In most cases, points are posted immediately after purchase, but it could take up to 3-5 days due to membership and legal verification.
A: Yes, just present your card as you would when purchasing a prescription for yourself. Only prescriptions picked up in store are eligible to earn points at this time. Due to state and federal laws, points cannot be earned on some items. For terms and conditions, visit Walgreens.com/Balance.
A: Yes, you can link up to 4 Balance Rewards memberships by calling 855-225-0400.
Ready to get started?
Already a member?
Get the Walgreens App
Keep track of your points and view account activity.
Balance Rewards for healthy choices™
Earn points for the healthy choices you make every day.
- See Balance Rewards terms and conditions for full details.
- Data and messaging rates apply.
- When you join online or on the Walgreens mobile app, you will not a mailed a physical card. Want one? Visit your local Walgreens and ask a sales associate to link a physical card to your membership.
- Points good on next purchase. Purchase requirement must be met in a single transaction, before taxes and shipping, and after discounts, store credit and redemption dollars are applied. Excludes photo orders not picked up in store, alcohol, dairy, tobacco, stamps, phone/prepaid/gift cards, money orders/transfers, transportation passes, lottery tickets, charitable donations, pseudoephedrine or ephedrine products, clinic services, prescriptions, pharmacy items or services, sales tax, shipping and the Prescription Savings Club membership fee. Complete details at Walgreens.com/Balance.
- Coupon pricing does not apply to online orders.
- Points good on next purchase. Points on eligible prescriptions and other pharmacy transactions limited to 50,000 per calendar year and cannot be earned in AR, NJ or NY or on prescriptions transferred to a participating store located in AL, MS, OR or PR. Only prescriptions picked up in store are eligible to earn points. Due to state and federal laws, points cannot be earned or redeemed on some items. Complete details at Walgreens.com/Balance.
- Limitations apply to earning points. Limit 20 points per mile, 1000 points per month. Limit 20 points per daily weigh-in logged. Limit 20 points per blood glucose test, two logs per day. Limit 20 points per blood pressure test, one log per day. Nicotine Replacement Therapy usage, limit 20 points per log, one log per day.
- Limited to one points offer per month, per AARP membership account. Purchase amount of $25 or more is calculated before taxes and all other Walgreens discounts are applied. Tax charged on pre-coupon amount where required. Offer excludes alcohol, dairy, tobacco, stamps, phone/prepaid cards, money orders/transfers, transportation passes, lottery tickets, charitable donations, pseudoephedrine or ephedrine products, prescriptions and health tests. See terms and conditions of both programs for full details. Visit Balance Rewards terms and conditions and the AARP terms and conditions. AARP receives a royalty for the use of its intellectual property. Amounts paid are used for the general purpose of AARP and its members.