poor performance. Reducing your sleep by as little as 1˝ hours for a single night could result in a reduction of daytime alertness by as much as 32%.
Memory and Cognitive Impairment - Decreased alertness and excessive daytime sleepiness hinder your memory function along with your ability to think and process information.
On the other hand, getting a great night's rest has major benefits:
- Learning and Memory - Sleep encourages your brain to commit new information to memory.
- Metabolism and Weight - Irregular sleep may cause weight gain, by affecting the way our bodies handle carbohydrates and altering hormone levels related to appetite.
- Mood - Sleep loss has been known to result in more than just an inability to concentrate. It also leads to impatience and mood swings.
- Heart Health - Several serious sleep disorders are associated with hypertension, higher stress levels and irregular heartbeat.
- Immune Health - Lack of sleep weakens your body's immune function.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.