Q: What is Cystic Fibrosis Services?
A: Cystic Fibrosis Services Inc., a Walgreens Alliance Pharmacy, was established in 1988 as a specialty pharmacy to provide availability and access to cystic fibrosis medications, as well as assistance with the complex insurance issues faced in obtaining these medications. More than just a pharmacy, CF Services provides personalized service, patient advocacy, patient education and reimbursement support to the cystic fibrosis community.
Q: Does CF Services recommend certain medications or therapies?
A: We do not recommend medications or therapies. Discuss with your physician what medications/therapies are appropriate for you and your child.
Q: Where can I find educational material about cystic fibrosis?
For information about medications we carry and approved cystic fibrosis therapies, visit Medications & Therapies.
Note: Our Medications & Therapies page is provided as a service and is not intended to represent a complete list of cystic fibrosis drugs and therapies.
Q: What value-added services does CF Services provide?
A: CF Services offers several value-added services including:
- Walgreens Connected CareSM Cystic Fibrosis Program
- One-stop shopping for your CF prescription medication needs
- Ability to refill and track the status of an order online or by phone
- Email notification when an order is shipped
- We'll contact your prescribing doctor to obtain a new prescription when a prescription expires or runs out of refills
Q: What is Walgreens Connected CareSM Cystic Fibrosis Program?
A: Walgreens Connected CareSM Cystic Fibrosis Program is personalized therapy management support that:
- Helps cystic fibrosis patients manage the many medications they need to stay healthy
- Provides medication education, support and ongoing guidance
- Features complete medication services along with personalized support provided by specially trained CF Services pharmacists and staff
- Provides ongoing outreach and follow up with patients
- Provides management for medication-specific barriers
For more information, call 800-541-4959 and ask to speak with a client advocate.
Q: How do I set up my CF Services account?
A: To register for CF Services at Walgreens, create your Walgreens.com account.
Q: Once I have an account, how do I get my prescriptions filled?
A: Prescriptions can be sent to CF Services by:
- Physicians can call 800-541-4959 or fax (800-263-0251) in prescription information
- Mail prescriptions to:
10530 John W. Elliot Drive
Frisco, TX 75033
Q: Do I need a prescription for CF medications/treatments?
A: Yes. CF Services requires a prescription for all items dispensed, including vitamins and nutritional supplements. As an added service, we will contact your doctor's office for a new prescription when it expires or runs out of refills.
Note: Some common "over-the-counter" (OTC) medications (e.g., antacids, Ibuprofen) are available for purchase online at Walgreens, but OTC dosages will not always match the prescription for cystic fibrosis. For more information on OTC cystic fibrosis treatments, please consult your doctor.
Q: Can I transfer CF and non-CF prescriptions?
A: Yes. If you are a cystic fibrosis patient, you can transfer both cystic fibrosis and non-cystic fibrosis medications from another pharmacy to ours. Contact our Customer Service Support team at 800-541-4959 to coordinate a transfer.
Q: How long will it take to receive my order?
A: We typically process orders within two business days of receipt, excluding weekends and holidays. If this timeframe is not possible, we will alert customers of any delay. Delays can be caused by a number of situations, including: no refills left/new prescription required, awaiting prior authorization from your insurance plan, medication not in stock, etc.
All orders will be shipped by FedEx at no additional charge, including:
- Orders containing non-refrigerated medications
- Orders containing refrigerated medications
- Orders containing nutritionals
Q: How can I track the status of my order?
A: It's easy! Track your prescription status online at Walgreens.com to get email updates on your CF Services order. You can also call us at 800-541-4959, Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 7 PM (ET), for order-related questions.
Q: How do I place an order for a refill?
A: Refills can be placed in one of two ways; please make sure to have your prescription number ready.
- Refill online at Walgreens.com
- Call our Customer Support team at 800-541-4959, Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 7 PM (ET), for order-related questions.
Q: When should I place an order for a refill?
A: Refill orders should be placed one week before a medication runs out to allow for processing and shipping.
Q: Do you accept my insurance?
A: CF Services participates in more than 3,500 insurance plans and at least 40 state and federally funded programs. If we are not already a participating provider with your plan, we will work diligently to become one where possible.
Q: I do not have insurance and cannot get medication. What do I do?
A: If you don't have insurance coverage or are in between insurance policies, our experienced case managers can research coverage options and review them with you.
CF Services also encourages individuals with cystic fibrosis to see if there are manufacturer programs (also known as patient assistance programs) that they may qualify for. Programs have varying eligibility criteria, as well as different enrollment and approval processes.
For help obtaining patient assistance coordination:
- View our Patient Assistance program page
- Visit Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America's (PhRMA) for a comprehensive listing of manufacturer patient assistance programs
- Contact your State Medicaid program or Department of Health and Human Services to see if you qualify for assistance or coverage
- Contact your cystic fibrosis care center for information on additional programs that may be available to you
- Contact the HealthWell Foundation for assistance with copayments, premiums and deductibles
- Contact Compass and speak with trained case managers for insurance, financial and legal advice
Q: Do you provide support for underinsured and uninsured patients?
A: CF Services coordinates with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundations Compass program and other nonprofit organizations to assist underinsured patients with deductibles and copays. We also connect uninsured patients to resources to help them apply for manufacturer-sponsored assistance programs. Programs have varying eligibility criteria, as well as different enrollment and approval processes.
Q: Do I have to pay for services to get insurance support?
A: No. CF Services has a case management unit staffed with insurance experts who help make the entire insurance process easier to manage. Our team will help you sort through all of the details and provide assistance to find the right answers about your insurance coverage.
Q: How will I be billed for my medications/order?
A: CF Services will bill primary, secondary and tertiary insurance plans with which it is a provider. Statements detailing insurance and customer responsibilities are mailed monthly.
Q: Do you offer online bill payments?
A: Yes, you can pay bills and view statements at Your Account
Q: I'm having problems logging into my account. What do I do?
Q: An online account feature (refill, order status, etc.) does not seem to be working. What do I do?