PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. THEY MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE
YOUR LAST VISIT. YOU MUST ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO USE THE COMMUNITIES, TOOLS,
TRACKERS AND FEATURES OF THE WALGREENS HEALTH CENTERS SITE. TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS, CLICK "I
ACCEPT". IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT CLICK "I ACCEPT" AND DO NOT USE THE
COMMUNITIES, TOOLS, TRACKERS AND FEATURES OF THE WALGREENS HEALTH CENTERS SITE.
The contents of Walgreens Health Centers website (the "Site"), such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from Walgreens' medical partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors, and other material (collectively the "Content") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Walgreens does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Walgreens Health Centers Site. The Walgreens Health Centers Site is operated by MedHelp International. Reliance on any information provided by MedHelp, MedHelp employees, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of MedHelp, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
Copyright and Trademark Information
Copyright 2013 Walgreen Co.
The Walgreens Health Centers Site, and the information which it contains, is the property of Walgreens, MedHelp and associated affiliates and licensors, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws.
Use of Content
Walgreens authorizes you to view or download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use if you do not remove the copyright and other proprietary rights notices which were contained in the Content. Any special rules for the use of certain software and other items provided on the Site may be included elsewhere within the Site and are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference.
The Content is protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Title to the Content remains with Walgreens and MedHelp. Any use of the Content not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of Walgreens and MedHelp. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Walgreens and MedHelp.
Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use this web site or any documents displayed on this web site, through the use of framing or otherwise, except: (a) as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions; or (b) with the prior written permission of Walgreens.
If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, your permission to use the Content automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Content.
Limitation of Liability / Disclaimer of Warranties
The use of the Walgreens Health Centers Site and the Content is at your own risk.
When using the Site, information will be transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of Walgreens, Med Help, its partners, advertisers, sponsors and its suppliers. Accordingly, Walgreens assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site.
THE WALGREENS HEALTH CENTERS SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. WALGREEN CO., AFFILIATEDITS PARTNERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Specifically, Walgreens, MedHelp, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
- The accuracy, reliability, completeness, correctness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the Site.
- The satisfaction of government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products with regard to the Content contained on the Site.
- The accuracy, completeness or correctness, timeliness, or usefulness of any opinions, advice, services, or other information provided through the Site.
In no event shall Walgreen Co., MedHelp International, its partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the Site be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental, consequential or other indirect damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the Site or the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Walgreens is advised of the possibility of such damages. Walgreen Co. is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the Site, Content, or Public Area (as defined below).
Any claims arising in connection with your use of the Site, any Content, or the Public Areas must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. Remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions. In all cases, Walgreens shall be liable only to the extent of actual damages incurred by you, not to exceed U.S. $1000.00.
By using the Site you agree to indemnify and hold Walgreens, MedHelp, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, attorneys, representatives and members harmless from any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, demands, suits, or causes of action (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising from your use or misuse of the Walgreens Health Centers Site.
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that infringes upon or violates any rights of any party. By submitting communications or content to any part the Walgreens Health Centers Site, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. If you make any such submission, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted Walgreens and MedHelp a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. Walgreens and MedHelp may sublicense rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses.
Forums and Public Areas
USE OF FORUMS AND PUBLIC AREAS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN
By using the Walgreens Health Centers Site, you acknowledge and agree that the information contained therein, including responses from medical professionals, is intended solely for general educational purposes. The information contained on the website is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition. Walgreens and MedHelp do not guarantee monitoring or authentication of the information contained in forums and chat groups for accuracy, safety, or reliability. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider for any questions you may have regarding your medical condition, or prior to starting any new treatment.
MEDICAL EMERGENCY: If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 or your healthcare provider immediately!
IF YOU FEEL THREATENED: If you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
ABUSE: In cases where you believe a person(s) has breached the terms and conditions of the Walgreens Health Centers Site, please contact Walgreens IMMEDIATELY. Do not attempt to contact the person yourself and do not post derogatory comments in any public areas on the Site.
Walgreens, MedHelp, and associated officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, attorneys, and representatives make no endorsements of any particular product or treatment, makes no representations and assumes no liability relative to any content, opinions, comments, e-mail addresses, and/or computer viruses which may be transmitted in any Forum or Public Area.
If you use a Forum or Public Area on the Walgreens Health Centers Site, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the Forums and Public Areas.
In no event will Walgreens, MedHelp, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, attorneys, representatives, partners, sponsors, advertisers or other affiliated persons or entities be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon the information provided through the Site. You will hold Walgreen Co., MedHelp International, associated officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, attorneys, representatives, partners, sponsors, advertisers, or other affiliated persons or entities harmless for any such actions or decisions taken by you in reliance upon such information.
By submitting communications or content to the Forms or Public Areas, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. You agree to allow Walgreens, MedHelp and all other persons or organizations involved in the operation of the Walgreens Health Centers Site the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Site.
The opinions expressed on this Site in user-generated Content areas, including, but not limited to, Expert Blog, Communities and Ask an Expert Forum, are solely those of the relevant user, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. Walgreens does not review user-generated Content for accuracy, and user-generated Content does not represent the opinion of Walgreens. User-generated Content may contain information about treatments or uses of drugs or products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Rules for Posting Questions in Forums and Public Areas
In Forums and Public Areas that are being moderated by healthcare professionals, answers will be posted in the forum and will appear indented beneath the original question, usually within 5 to 10 business days.
Walgreens Health Centers Site Public Areas, which includes all areas where users may post content, are for the exchange of information and support ONLY. In consideration of being allowed to use the Public Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use:
- Posting questions or comments by persons under 13 years of age without the consent of their parents.
- Posting your full name(s), or any other confidential or personally identifiable information on the Walgreens Health Centers Site.*
- Posting names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or any other confidential or personally identifiable information of yourself or any person(s) or entities.
- Using a Public Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, federal, or international laws.
- Posting material that infringes on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by the discretion of Walgreens and MedHelp.
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Posting more than 2 new questions within a 6-month period, in forums (Public Areas) that are limited to the number of new questions accepted daily.
- Posting links to other websites or individuals, without prior written permission from Walgreens and MedHelp.
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonating another person or entity.
- Registering under more than one name and/or e-mail address.
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Posting the same note more than once or "spamming".
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Area or the Site, or which, in the judgment of Walgreens and MedHelp, exposes Walgreens and MedHelp or any of its customers, partners or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form).
*If you disregard this warning and post personal or confidential information (yours or others) on the Walgreens Health Centers Site, which you later want removed, there is a fee of up to $25 to remove each posting. You must submit your removal request in writing, including the URL(s) you want removed. Also you must include your User ID and Password along with a U.S. check or money order for up to $25 for each URL you wish to have removed to:
Walgreens Co. c/o
MedHelp International, Inc.
929 Market Street
San Francisco, California 94103
Once the complete URL removal request is received in writing, Walgreens will make commercially reasonable efforts to remove the posting in a timely manner.
Enforcement of the Rules
Walgreens reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue in public chat rooms.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication does not conform to these Terms and Conditions and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication.
- Remove communications which it determines, in its sole discretion, to be abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to any or all Public Areas and/or the Walgreens Health Centers Site upon any breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to any or all Public Areas and/or the Site if the user's registration information and/or e-mail address is no longer valid.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas.
- Edit or delete any communication posted on the Site, regardless of whether such communication violates these standards.
- Walgreens reserves the right to take any other action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests, visitors, or the public.
Notice and Takedown Procedures / Copyright Agent
If you believe any materials accessible on or from this web site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this web site by contacting MedHelp's copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
MedHelp's agent for copyright issues relating to this web site is as follows:
MedHelp International, Inc. (tm)
929 Market Street
San Francisco, California 94103
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, MedHelp maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of this web site who are repeat infringers.
All registered members of the Walgreens Health Centers Site are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to their Walgreens Health Centers passwords or accounts. It is the registered members' sole responsibility to (1) control the distribution of their passwords or account information; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of their account and password; (3) inform Walgreen Co. and MedHelp International of any need to deactivate their password or change their registration, as soon as possible.
Walgreens is based in Deerfield, Illinois, in the United States of America. MedHelp is based in San Francisco, California, in the United States of America. Walgreens and MedHelp make no claims that the Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Walgreens Health Centers Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. The following provisions survive the expiration or termination of these Terms and Conditions for any reason whatsoever: Limitation of Liability / Disclaimer of Warranties, Indemnification, User Submissions, Jurisdiction, and Complete Agreement.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Walgreens, MedHelp, or in any way relating to your use of the Walgreens Health Centers Site, resides in the courts of the State of New York and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of New York in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving Walgreens, MedHelp, associated affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New York, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
-- Last updated 7/31/2012