Spending just got safer.
Shop our variety of major prepaid cards. Make spending easier and more secure.
Pick the card that makes sense for you!
Green Dot« Prepaid Card1
Pay as you go! Green Dot is a leading provider of prepaid debit cards and owner of one of the nation's largest retail cash reload and payment networks. With millions of customers and growing, you can depend on Green Dot. Please see our Cardholder Agreement and Simple Fee Plan for complete details.
How it works
- Purchase a card at any Walgreens location. The cost will be your load amount plus the purchase price of up to $2.95 (cash only).
- You must successfully register (ID verification required) your card online or by phone before you use your card. After registration, you will receive a personalized card in the mail.
- You can use your temporary card to make everyday purchases for U.S. based merchants, but your card has no PIN or cash access until you receive your personalized card.
- Use it wherever a Visa debit card is accepted.
- No overdraft fees or minimum balance.
- No credit check or credit card debt.
- Reload your personalized card with a MoneyPak« or by swiping your card at the register. A service fee of up to $4.95 applies. Swipe Reload available on Green Dot Prepaid Cards purchased at Walgreens.
American Express« Prepaid Card
Outsmart unwanted fees with the Card that has no monthly or annual fees. When you register and receive your permanent Card, you get access to exclusive Cardmember benefits such as Purchase Protection2 and Roadside Assistance3 - something you wouldn't expect from a prepaid card.
How it works
- Purchase a temporary single load Card at participating Walgreens locations and load a minimum of $25 with cash.
- Use your temporary Card anywhere in the U.S. where American Express« Cards are accepted.
- Register online to receive your permanent Card to use at ATMs and anywhere worldwide where American Express Cards are accepted. ATM fees may apply; see the Cardmember agreement for details.
- No monthly, annual or overdraft fees.
- Access to fraud protection, World-class Customer Service, and discounts and special offers.
- Reload your permanent Card at Walgreens stores, online, by phone or with payroll direct deposit.
PayPal Prepaid MasterCard«4
The PayPal Prepaid Debit MasterCard has the convenience and security you expect from PayPalTM and MasterCard. Whether you get it to safeguard your cash, or as an easy way to pay bills, it's simple and smart - made even better when linked to your PayPal.com account. The card's basic fees are on the packaging; see the Cardholder Agreement for more details.
How it works
- Buy a PayPal Prepaid MasterCard at Walgreens and add cash.
- Activate the card online or by calling our toll-free number - ID verification required.
- Link the card to your PayPal.com account for 24/7 access to online features like our rewards program and bill pay services.
- Adding money is convenient. Visit any of our 130,000 reload partners in the U.S., including Walgreens locations, where you can buy a Reload Pack to add cash; add money from your PayPal.com account or a bank account in the U.S. (bank fee may apply); or use direct deposit.
- Use direct deposit to have all or part of your pay or government payments loaded to your card - there's no fee for the service - and you get paid faster.
- Get special offers and pay with your card to earn rewards.
1 This card is provided by Green Dot Corporation. The Visa Card is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation.
2 Underwritten by American Express Assurance Company.
3 Terms, Conditions, and Exclusions apply; see americanexpress.com/roadside for details.
4 This card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to license from MasterCard International Incorporated. The card may be used everywhere Debit MasterCard is accepted. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
5 See the Balance Rewards terms and conditions for full details.