How does walking improve my health?
With a few simple steps, regular walking can help you:
- lose weight
- build muscle
- relieve pain
- reduce your risk of disease
- lower your blood pressure
- strengthen your heart
- improve your immune system
- live longer
- reduce symptoms of depression
- relieve insomnia
- improve your memory
- reduce stress
- increase your overall feeling of wellbeing.
The activity which most of us have been doing naturally since about our first year of life is also the very thing that can improve your health and life immeasurably as an adult. Walking can be done alone, with friends or family, and all you need is a pair of shoes, a goal, and the desire.
Have a more specific question?
Sign in or register to ask a Walgreens pharmacist.