Is your plan right for you?
Each year during the Annual Enrollment Period, it's smart to review your current prescription drug plan and compare it against other available plans in your area. Your prescriptions and plan details can change, and you might find a better option that could save you money. Enrollment for 2014 has ended, unless you're turning 65 this year. The next Annual Enrollment Period is October 15 through December 7, 2014, for coverage to begin January 1, 2015.
Walgreens and Part D We accept most Medicare Part D plus. Plus, we could help you save even more on prescription copays - as low as $0 on select Part D plans. 1
Your Walgreens pharmacy offers a free Prescription Drug Plan Review .
Comparing Medicare prescription drug plans
Prescription Drug Plan (Part D)
- Covers only out-patient prescription drugs.
- To enroll, you must have either Medicare Part A or Part B (or both).
- Medicare Part D premiums are in addition to your Part A (if any) and/or Part B premiums.
Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C)
- Two types: Medicare Advantage with prescription drug coverage (MA-PD) and Medicare Advantage without prescription drug coverage (MA) .
- Combines your Part A (hospitalization) and Part B (doctor visits), and usually benefits like vision or dental. If you have a MA-PD plan, you also get prescription drug coverage.
- You'll need to ensure that your preferred medications, pharmacies, doctors and hospitals are included in the plan.
- To enroll, you must have both Medicare Parts A and B.
- Provided by private insurance carriers.
How preferred pharmacies help you save
Pharmacies may charge different prescription copays based on your plan, drug and dosage. Preferred Network Pharmacies, or those that offer preferred cost-sharing, may be able to offer you lower copays. As a preferred pharmacy, Walgreens offers $0 copays on select Part D plans.1
Walgreens preferred plan partners
There are many Medicare Part D plans to choose from, but Walgreens has preferred relationships with certain insurance providers. Here are just a few:
Choose from three AARP®
MedicareRx Plans so you can find the Part D plan that best meets
Find out more about Medicare
Plan D plans like First Health Part
D Value Plus offered by Coventry® Health Care.
With the Humana Enhanced
(PDP), you'll have drug coverage flexibility when you need it. The
plan also offers affordable monthly premiums and no deductible.
If you need to enroll
You have four ways to enroll in a Part D Plan:
- Use the Medicare Plan Finder on the plan's website.
- Complete a paper enrollment form provided by the plan.
- Call the plan provider and enroll over the phone.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
1 Applies to Tier 1 generics.
2 Information provided by Walgreens is not a substitute for your own research concerning your health care, including Medicare prescription drug plans.