Diverse Supplier Qualifications
WALGREENS SUPPLIER DIVERSITY DEFINITIONS
Qualified vendors must be U.S. based, the company must operates in the U.S. and owner must have U.S. citizenship.
1.Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) - Business that is at least 51percent owned, operated, and controlled by one or more ethnic minorities or publicly owned with minority having at least 51 percent of its stock.
Five Race/Ethnicity Types for MBE:
- American Indian or Alaska Native (Not of Hispanic Origin)- A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.
- Asian (Not of Hispanic Origin)- A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Black or African American (Not of Hispanic Origin)- A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa. Terms such as "Haitian" or "Negro" can be used in addition to "Black or African American."
- Hispanic/Latino- A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race. The term, "Spanish origin," can be used in addition to "Hispanic or Latino."
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander (Not of Hispanic Origin)- A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
2.Women Business Enterprise (WBE) - Business that is at least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by a woman or women regardless of race/ethnicity.
3.Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) - A business whose principal office is located and operated within a "historically underutilized business zone (HUBZone)" as designated and certified by the Federal Government. The business must also be owned, operated, and controlled by person(s) who are U.S. citizens and have at least 35 percent of its employee base residing within the HUBZone.
4.Gay Lesbian Bi-Sexual Transgender (GLBT) - Business that is at least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by a gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, or transgender person regardless of race/ethnicity.
5. Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE) - Business that is at least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by a service veteran regardless of race/ethnicity.
6.People with Disabilities (PWD) - Business that is developed to create employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Example: Lighthouse for the Blind, Goodwill, Jewish Vocational Services (JVS), etc.
7. Small Business Enterprise (SBE) - A U.S. citizen, regardless of race/ethnicity background, who operates a business that meets a size standard defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA). The definition will vary from industry to industry to reflect industry differences accurately. The SBA also defines and regulates programs for the Small Disadvantage Business (SDB). For more information go to www.sba.gov.