NicoDerm CQ is a once-daily nicotine patch with Extended Release SmartControl Technology that helps prevent the urge to smoke all day long. It starts to deliver nicotine immediately, and continues steadily throughout the day. NicoDerm CQ patches are thin and clear, so it's easy to apply and wear discreetly.
Start with NicoDerm CQ Step 1 if you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day or NicoDerm CQ Step 2; if you smoke less than 10 cigarettes per day. Follow up with Step 3 after completing Step 2.
- Start with Step 1 if you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day
- Extended Release SmartControl Technology delivers nicotine fast and continues steadily all day long
- Thin, clear transdermal patch, easy to wear discreetly
- Step-down approach weans your body off nicotine
- Box of 14 patches, 21 milligram dose
- if you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
- before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other information
- begin using the patch on your quit day
- if you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use according to the following 10-week schedule:
- Step 1: Use one 21mg patch/day, Weeks 1-6.
- Step 2: Use one 14mg patch/day, Weeks 7-8.
- Step 3: Use one 7mg patch/day, Weeks 9-10.
- If you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, do not use Step 1 (21mg). Start with Step 2 (14mg) for 6 weeks, then Step 3 (7mg) for 2 weeks and then stop.
- steps 2 and 3 allow you to gradually reduce your level of nicotine. Completing the full program will increase your chances of quitting successfully.
- apply one new patch every 24 hours on skin that is dry, clean and hairless. Save pouch for disposing of the patch after use.
- remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds.
- wash hands after applying or removing patch. Throw away the patch by folding sticky ends together. Replace in its pouch and discard. See enclosed User's Guide for safety and handling.
- you may wear the patch for 16 to 24 hours
- if you crave cigarettes when you wake up, wear the patch for 24 hours
- if you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morning
- the used patch should be removed and a new one applied to a different skin site at the same time each day
- do not wear more than one patch at a time
- do not cut patch in half or into smaller pieces
- do not leave patch on for more than 24 hours because it may irritate your skin and loses strength after 24 hours
- it is important to complete treatment. If you feel you need to use the patch for a longer period to keep from smoking, talk to your health care provider. To Increase Your Success in Quitting:
- You must be motivated to quit.
- Complete the full treatment program, applying a new patch every day.
- Use with a support program as described in the enclosed User's Guide.
- store at 20-25 degrees C (68-77 degreesF)
For your family's protection NicoDerm CQ patches are supplied in child resistant pouches. Do not use if individual pouch is open or torn. Read carton and enclosed User's Guide before using this product. Keep this carton and User's Guide. They contain important information.
- Not for sale to those under 18 years of age.
- Proof of age required.
- Not for sale in vending machines or from any source where proof of age cannot be verified. Internal Theft Surveillance System. EAS tagged.
Warnings: If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
- high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure.
- an allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems because you are more likely to get rash
- stomach ulcers or diabetes
- history of seizures
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
- taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
When using this product
- if you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove this patch at bedtime Stop use and ask a doctor if
- skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rash
- irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeat
- you have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as difficulty breathing or rash)
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together. Replace in pouch and discard.reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.02
Product in inches (LxWxH): 1.78x 5.42x 5.53
Item Code: 690960