- Antiseptic/Antimicrobial cleanser
- For skin wound & general cleansing
- 4% Chlorhexidine gluconate solution
Well at Walgreens
Walgreens Pharmacist Recommended^
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution
- Antiseptic / Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser
- Compare to the Active Ingredient in Hibiclens*
^Walgreens Pharmacist Survey Study, November 2014.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Molnlycke Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Hibiclens.
100% Satisfaction guaranteed with all Walgreens products or your money back.100% satisfaction guaranteed with all Walgreens products or your money back.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Surgical Hand Scrub:
- Wet Hands & Forearms under Running Water
- Scrub for 3 Minutes with About 5 ml of Product & a Wet Brush, Paying Close Attention to the Nails, Cuticles, & Interdigital Spaces
- A Separate Nail Cleaner May Be Used
- Rinse Thoroughly
- Wash for an Additional 3 Minutes with 5 ml of Product & Rinse under Running Water
- Dry Thoroughly
Healthcare Personnel Handwash:
- Wet Hands with Water
- Dispense About 5 ml of Product into Cupped Hands & Wash in a Vigorous Manner for About 15 Seconds
- Rinse & Dry Thoroughly
Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation:
- Apply Product Liberally to Surgical Site & Swab for at least 2 Minutes & Dry with a Sterile Towel
- Repeat Procedure for an Additional 2 Minutes & Dry with a Sterile Towel
Skin Wound & General Skin Cleansing:
- Thoroughly Rinse the Area to be Cleaned with Water
- Apply the Minimum Amount of Product Necessary to Cover the Skin or Wound Area & Wash Gently
- Rinse Again Thoroughly
Store at 20 – 25°C (68 – 77°F).
Avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
©2015 Walgreen Co.
Tamper Evident: Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
For external use only.
Do not use
- If You Are Allergic to Chlorhexidine Gluconate or Any Other Ingredients
- In Contact with Meninges
- In the Genital Area
- As a Preoperative Skin Preparation of the Head or Face
When using this product
- Keep out of eyes, ears & mouth. May cause serious & permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.
- If solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly & thoroughly with water.
- Wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated.
- Repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when the underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin.
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Surgical Hand Scrub: Significantly Reduces the Number of Microorganisms on the Hands & Forearms Prior to Surgery or Patient Care
- Healthcare Personnel Handwash: Helps Reduce Bacteria That Potentially Can Cause Disease
- Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation: For the Preparation of the Patient's Skin Prior to Surgery
- Skin Wound & General Skin Cleansing
This product cannot be shipped to the following state(s):
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.6
Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.2x 2.2x 5.9
Item Code: 454559
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.