Watch it Grow!
Handmade Decorative Planter
Easy to do. . . fun to grow! Full coat 1-2 weeks.
- Handmade pottery planter
- Chia seed packet for 3 plantings
- Convenient plastic drip tray
- Planting and care instructions sheet
The Chia Pet Story
Chia Pets are handmade by artisans using techniques passed down from the Indians of ancient Mexico. Each Chia Pet is sculpted from rich terra-cotta clay. The multi-stage process takes several days for shaping, drying, kiln firing and finishing.
Chia (salvia hispanica) was popular among the Aztecs. It was eaten as food and included in medicines. Chia seeds were ground into flour and pressed for oil.
Reuse your Chia Pet Indefinitely. Simply replant with chia (extra seeds included) or similar herb seeds, such as basil, alfalfa, marjoram or thyme.
- Soak clay animal in water overnight.
- Spread water-soaked Chia seeds on animal. Fill water hole.
- Keep full of water. Moist seeds should sprout in 3-5 days.
- Watch Chia Pet grow quickly to full coat.
Joseph Enterprises, Inc.
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 1.3
Product in inches (LxWxH): 4.4x 8.15x 7.25
Item Code: 474368
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.