Broad Spectrum Activity
- Unaffected by blood*** and organic material*
- Dermatologically tested
- Gentle to skin**
Fast-acting, broad-spectrum antimicrobial skin cleanser. This product continues to kill germs up to 6 hours after washing.* It prevents skin infections thereby reducing the risk of cross-infection. Has antiseptic activity and a persistent antimicrobial effect with rapid bacterial activity against a wide range of microorganisms.
*Regent Medical Study #030917-150.
**PRACS report #R05-0225 and R05-0871.
***Protocols #040907-150, 041101-201.
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing: Thoroughly rinse the area to be cleansed with water. Apply the minimum amount necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently. Rinse thoroughly.
- Surgical hand scrub: Wet hands and forearms with water. Scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 mL with a brush. Rinse thoroughly under running water. Repeat. Dry thoroughly.
- Personnel hand wash: Wet hands with water. Dispense about 5 mL into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Preoperative skin preparation: Apply liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes. Dry with a sterile towel. Repeat. Dry with a sterile towel.
- Laundering: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorinated products. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents. See website for more details.
Store between 20-25°C (68-77°F).
©Molnlycke Health Care
- For external use only.
- Do not use
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients in this preparation
- As a patient preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
- In contact with the meninges
- In the genital area
- On wounds that involve more than the superficial layers of skin
- When using this product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures, or may cause deafness when installed in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.
- If contact occurs in any of these areas, rinse with cold water right away
- Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs and lasts for 72 hours. These may be signs of a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Not eligible for Ship to Store at this time See Ship to Store FAQs
This product cannot be shipped to the following state(s):
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.64
Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.3x 2.3x 6.2
Item Code: 280732