(Product received may temporarily differ from image shown due to packaging update. Image and product details will be revised, shortly)
For Those Who Smoke Less Than 25 Cigarettes a Day
If you smoke more than 25 cigarettes a day: try Nicorette 4mg.
To Increase Your Success in Quitting:
- You must be motivated to quit.
- Use Enough - Chew at least 9 pieces of Nicorette per day during the first six weeks.
- Use Long Enough - Use Nicorette for the full 12 weeks
- Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed User's Guide.
Free Audio CD upon request. See inside packaging for more details.
Questions or comments? Call 1-800-419-4766
This product is protected in sealed blisters. Do not use if individual blisters or printed backings are broken, open or torn.
- if you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
- before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information
- stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum
- if you smoke more than 25 cigarettes a day: use 4mg nicotine gum
- if you smoke less than 25 cigarettes a day: use according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Week 1 to 6 -- 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours
- Weeks 7 to 9 -- 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours
- Weeks 10 to 12 -- 1 piece every 4 to 8 hour
- nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results
- chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes)
- do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece
- to improve your chances of quitting, use least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks
- if you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- do not use more than 24 pieces a day
- It is important to complete treatment. Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor.
- each piece contains: calcium 94mg, sodium 13mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- protect from light
© 2005 GlaxoSmithKline
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Do not use if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products Ask a doctor before use if you have a sodium-restricted diet, heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate. high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure or stomach ulcer or diabetes.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug, taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Stop use and ask a doctor if mouth, teeth or jaw problems occur, irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur, or you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking
|Serving Size||1 Chewing Piece|
|Serving Per Container|
|Amount per Serving||%DV|
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.63
Product in inches (LxWxH): 3.2x 4.5x 5.35
Item Code: 645348