Top Selling Desktop Bright Light Therapy System
Providing 10,000 lux of light, the SADelite is the most versatile SAD light available. Many people prefer this type of unit, as it looks like a desk lamp and not like a traditional light box. It has been one of the top selling products for many years, and has proven to be highly effective.
Adjustable Angle for Downward Comfortable Treatments
Featuring adjustable arms and pivoting head the SADelite light can be adjusted downward. Leading researchers recommend light be delivered at a downward angle for maximum effectiveness and user comfort. This also reduces uncomfortable glare.
Dual Use Reading and Task Lamp
The SADelite is also an excellent reading and task lamp. For the treatment of SAD or Winter Depression, the head of the lamp is pointed toward the face. For other use during the day, it can be pointed away from the face.
5 Year UNLIMITED WARRANTY
The Northern Light Technology Difference
Bright Light Therapy System
Lack of Light Affects Mood and Energy
Today's lifestyles are causing many to spend the majority of working and leisure time indoors. We may go to work in the dark, work in a window-less office and come home in the dark. This loss of light creates a state of light deprivation. Our bodies depend on the signals from bright sunlight at dawn and weak
sunlight at dusk. Unfortunately, we may not be getting these needed signals anymore.
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a form of depression that afflicts over 10 million North Americans each winter season. Another 50 million individuals suffer a milder form of SAD called "winter blues". Symptoms may include feeling
down, gloomy, problems sleeping and loss of energy.
The Solution: Full Spectrum 10,000 lux
Bright light therapy at 10,000 lux using full spectrum bulbs
provides a natural way to activate hormones to help moods
improve, increase energy and sleep better; all without drugs
or side effects.
Bright Light Therapy Benefits
- Feel better
- Sleep better
- Boost energy levels
- No side effects
- Results in 1 - 2 weeks
How Bright Light Therapy Works
- Simulates effects of natural daylight
- The Suprachaismatic Nucleus (Internal Body Clock) regulates daily sleep/wake patterns
- Light hits the outer eye & causes the retina to transmit impulses to reset the body clock
- Reduces Melatonin (excessive daytime melatonin causes depression)
- Daily, 30 minute morning treatments are recommended
- Direct Sun 100,000 lux
- Bright Light Therapy System 10,000 lux
- Home/Office Lighting 300 - 600 lux
- DeskLamp 100 lux
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Use regularly each day at same time, preferably first thing in the morning (Sleep patterns can be disrupted if used in the afternoon or evening)
- Sit at suggested distance from the light:
- -30 minutes at 10 inches (25 cm) for 10,000 lux
-60 minutes at 15 inches (40 cm) for 6000 lux
- The light shines into the eyes at an angle, without looking directly at the light
- Do not wear dark glasses while using the light
- Spend time outdoors during sunny periods
- Eat sensibly, exercise and try to keep regular wake-sleep hours
Northern Light Technologies
Not eligible for Ship to Store at this time See Ship to Store FAQs
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 7.94
Product in inches (LxWxH): 22.5x 19.0x 7.0
Item Code: 441269
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.