- Prevents further irritation
- Prompt, soothing relief
- Shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue
- Protects irritated tissue
- Relieves internal and external discomfort
Preparation H provides quick relief for both internal and external hemorrhoidal symptoms. It temporarily shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue and provides prompt, soothing relief from painful burning, itching and discomfort. This ointment works immediately to protect against further irritation and provides a soothing layer of protection. Preparation H is the #1 doctor recommended hemorrhoid OTC brand.
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-99PrepH or 1-800-997-7374
- Adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying ointment
- When first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- Apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- Intrarectal use: remove cover from applicator, attach applicator to tube, lubricate applicator well and gently insert applicator into the rectum, thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use and replace cover
- Also apply ointment to external area
- Regular use provides continual therapy for relief of symptoms
- Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). © 2011 Pfizer Inc.
For external and/or intrarectal use only.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease.
- high blood pressure.
- thyroid disease.
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Ask a doctor of pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- bleeding occurs.
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days.
- introduction of applicator into the rectum causes additional pain.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Tamper-Evident: If outer wrap imprinted "Preparation H" is broken or missing or if the tear strip is missing when purchased, do not use.
Helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids.
Temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue and relieves burning.
Temporarily provides a coating for relief of anorectal discomforts.
Temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful.
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.1
Product in inches (LxWxH): 1.15x 5.6x 1.55
Item Code: 660279