- Standing handle & mobility aid to get up down from your favoirte chair
- Adjustable in height & depth to fit most couches and chairs
- Made of steel with lifetime satisfaction guarantee
- Anti-skid pads included to reduce slipping and protect floor surfaces
- Includes a free 4-pocket organizer pouch that fits over the handle
- Standing handle adjustable in height from 34"-40" to fit desired hand position
- Adjustable and reversible base installs on both sides of chair with feet distance 21"-33" apart
- Weight capacity of handle: 250 lbs
The CouchCane from Stander makes it easy for you or your loved one to sit down or stand up from your favorite recliner or sofa with ease and comfort. The CouchCane features a sturdy, ergonomically designed handle and a handy organizer pouch - perfect for keeping convenient items close by. The CouchCane is a must have for anyone with impaired balance, back pain or recent surgery. Also works great with a lift chair! To install just slide the base of your CouchCane under the feet of your favorite recliner, couch, or chair. The Couch Cane handle has a 250 pound weight capacity.
- Pivot Upright stationary tube into the vertical position as shown in Figure 1 and insert the Upright bolt through the large hole in the plastic cover located at the base of the Upright stationary tube and tighten the Upright bolt with the Allen head wrench.
- Insert the Handle assembly into the Upright stationary tube until the Spring loaded button locks into one of the sets of holes located into the Upright stationary tube. Slide the Handle assembly bushing down the Handle assembly until it is fully inserted into the Upright stationary tube. Note: Approximately 10% of the Handle assembly bushing will be visible when it is fully inserted. Adjust the height of the Handle assembly to the desired height by pressing the Spring loaded button and moving the Handle assembly up or down.
- Place the assembled product along side of the couch or chair that you plan to use. Adjust the Base adjustment tube to the appropriate length such that the furniture legs of the couch or the chair are centered on the rubber pads of both the Base adjustment tube and the Base stationary tube.
- Make sure the Base Stationary Tube and Base Adjustment Tube are appropriately spaced such that the Furniture legs are centered front to back on the Product base rubber pads.
Note: Furniture legs of a chair or couch should be centered on the product base rubber pads AND positioned as close as possible to base stationarly tube and base adjustment tube.
© Stander, Inc.
- Stander's Medical Assist Products are devices intended for use by disabled persons to provide minimal to moderate weight support while standing and walking.
- Serious injury or death can result if CouchCane is not properly installed. Standers Inc. is committed to providing safe products and informing the user of ways to prevent accidents.
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- Regularly check the CouchCane to make sure the feet of chair or couch are centered on the base feet and as close as possible to the main base tube as shown in instructions.
- Additional safety measures should be taken for users that are a high risk. Such users include those who are not mentally conscious (including those individuals under medication), users who need to be under the care of another person for aid.
- If you have any concerns or questions regarding these precautions, please contact Stander, Inc. at 1-800-506-9901.
- If you are suffering from an ailment or injury or are taking medications that affect your balance or ability to stand or sit down, you should first consult with a physician before using this product. If the product is not used properly, serious injury or harm could result.
- The product was not intended to carry the full weight of an individual. This product is only intended to provide balance and support while sitting and standing.
- The product instructions must be carefully followed to ensure that the product is properly assembled and positioned. Failure to follow the instructions could result in serious injury to the user(s) of the product.
- Children should not be allowed to hang on or play with the product.
- For the CouchCane, it is important that the weight of the couch or chair is adequate to support the product. The CouchCane is not well suited for and should not be used with light-weight chairs or couches.
- DISCLAIMER: Neither Standers, Inc. nor the manufacture is liable for any harm or injury that may result or has resulted from the improper use or assembly of the product.
Not eligible for Ship to Store at this time See Ship to Store FAQs
This product cannot be shipped to the following state(s):
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 15
Product in inches (LxWxH): 29.0x 19.0x 4.0
Item Code: 483301
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.