Walgreens Pharmacist Recommended*
- For those who smoke their first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up.
- Reduces withdrawal symptoms
- For nicotine craving
- Free audio CD upon request. See inside (package)
Made in Denmark
100% Satisfaction guaranteed with all Walgreens products or your money back.
*Walgreens pharmacist survey study, November 2010.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
- Before using this product, read the enclosed user's guide for complete directions and other important information
- Stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum
- If you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use nicotine polacrilex gum 2 mg
- If you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use nicotine polacrilex gum 4 mg according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Weeks 1 to 6: 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours
- Weeks 7 to 9: 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours
- Weeks 10 to 12: 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours
- Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results
- Chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle retires
- Repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes)
- Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece
- To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks
- If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects
- Do not use more than 24 pieces a day
- It is important to complete treatment. Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor
- Each piece contains: calcium 100 mg and sodium 11 mg
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Protect from light
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Do not use if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- A sodium-restricted diet
- Heart disease, recent heart attack or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate
- High blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure
- Stomach ulcer or diabetes
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Mouth, teeth or jaw problems occur
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat
- Oral blistering occurs
- You have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as difficulty breathing or rash)
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
|Serving Size||1 ea|
|Serving Per Container|
|Amount per Serving||%DV|
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.68
Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.73x 4.52x 5.27
Item Code: 232189
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.