Not For Sale to Those Under 18 Years of Age
Proof of Age Required
Not for Sale in Vending Machines or From Any Source Where Proof of Age Cannot be Verified
Stop Smoking Aid
- For Those Who Smoke Their First Cigarette More Than 30 Minutes After Waking Up
- Includes User's Guide
- Walgreens Pharmacist Recommended*
If you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use Nicotine Polacrilex Lozenge, 4 mg.
To Increase Your Success in Quitting:
- You must be motivated to quit.
- Use Enough: Use at least 9 lozenges per day during the first six weeks.
- Use Long Enough: Use for the full 12 weeks.
- Use With a Support Program as directed in the enclosed User's Guide.
Each Lozenge Contains: Sodium 16 mg
Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 5.1 mg Per Lozenge
Sugar Alcohol Content: 1 g Mannitol Per Lozenge
Well at Walgreens™
*Walgreens Pharmacist Survey Study, November 2010
100% Satisfaction guaranteed with all Walgreens products or your money back.100% satisfaction guaranteed
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
- Before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information
- Stop smoking completely when you being using the lozenge
- If you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes after waking up, use 4 mg nicotine lozenge
- If you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking, use 2 mg nicotine lozenge according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Weeks 1 to 6, 1 lozenge every 1 to 2 hours
- Weeks 7 to 9, 1 lozenge every 2 to 4 hours
- Weeks 10 to 12, 1 lozenge every 4 to 8 hours
- Nicotine lozenge is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results
- Place the lozenge in your mouth and allow the lozenge to slowly dissolve (about 20-30 minutes). Minimize swallowing. Do not chew or swallow lozenge
- You may feel a warm or tingling sensation
- Occasionally move the lozenge from one side of your mouth to the other until completely dissolved (about 20-30 minutes)
- Do not eat or drink 15 minutes before using or while the lozenge is in your mouth
- To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 lozenges per day for the first 6 weeks
- Do not use more than one lozenge at a time or continuously use one lozenge after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects
- Do not use more than 5 lozenges in 6 hours. Do not use more than 20 lozenges per day
- Stop using the nicotine lozenge at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine lozenges, talk to your doctor.
To increase your success in quitting:
- You must be motivated to quit
- Use enough- Use at least 9 lozenges per day during the first six weeks
- Use long enough- Use for the full 12 weeks
- Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed User's Guide
Retain outer carton for full product uses, directions and warnings.
- Each lozenge contains: sodium 16 mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 5.1 mg per lozenge
- Sugar alcohol content: 1 g mannitol per lozenge
- Store are 20-25 degrees C (68-77 degrees F)
- Keep vial closed and protect from light
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Do not use
- If you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- A sodium-restricted diet
- Heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate
- High blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure
- Stomach ulcer or diabetes
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
- Taking prescription medication for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Mouth problems occur
- Persistent indigestion or severe sore throat occurs
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness or rapid heartbeat
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Nicotine lozenges may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. If you need to remove the lozenge, wrap it in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222).
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.43
Product in inches (LxWxH): 3.21x 3.3x 4.48
Item Code: 238122
*Many of these answers are provided by manufacturers or other customers. Walgreens does not review, verify, or endorse those answers, which represent the sole opinions of those parties.